Most forgettable games

Topic actions

First post, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are a lot of games out there.

There are truly masterpieces, innovative games and games that you remember because they were way better than you thought. There are crappy games and games that hyped games that disappointed you. Even there are games so badly made that they even can be considered as good games (on a wicked sense). Those all are games easy to remember for a variety of reasons.

But, what are the most forgettable games? I mean those games so normal, so regular, so average that you even don't remember playing it.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 2 of 29, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I forgot!
SCNR
I played Broken Sword 3 once like 10 years ago all i can remember is scooting boxes around.

My YouTube Channel

Reply 3 of 29, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

Blake Stone.

I last played it through 20 years ago and I don't remember any particularly striking layout or fun moments in there. Gets high praise these days

Honestly, I think most Wolf3D clones (with the possible exception of RoTT) are like this. Boring, monotonous. Corridor 7, Operation Body Count (*shudder*), and whatever else they had there. Except they don't even get high praise. 😜

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 5 of 29, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Electroman - Played the shareware version once in the mid 90's and then promptly forgot about it until Gemini000 did a review for ADG Episode 156. A real snooze fest 😒

X-COM: Enforcer - I can't remember for the life of me when I bought it, much less when I last played it 😐

Hot Chix 'n' Gear Stix - Even the name doesn't ring a bell for me (the copy I have is the canadian version, called Muscle Car '76 *_*)

dr_st wrote:
leileilol wrote:

Blake Stone.

I last played it through 20 years ago and I don't remember any particularly striking layout or fun moments in there. Gets high praise these days

Honestly, I think most Wolf3D clones (with the possible exception of RoTT) are like this. Boring, monotonous. Corridor 7, Operation Body Count (*shudder*), and whatever else they had there. Except they don't even get high praise. 😜

I actually like the Wolf3D clones quite a bit, play them often, and never get bored with them at all (yes, I know, I'm weird like that 😅 ).

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 6 of 29, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
JayCeeBee64 wrote:

Hot Chix 'n' Gear Stix - Even the name doesn't ring a bell for me (the copy I have is the canadian version, called Muscle Car '76 *_*)

Heh, I've totally forgotten about this one as well. I had it on one of those Global Star shareware compilations. IIRC, it did have its moments, and it had some nice music to go along with it, but I'd much rather play the demo of Whiplash (a.k.a. Fatal Racing) that was on one of those CDs.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 7 of 29, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Civilization III, IV and V : I only played these briefly but they were so different from Civ II that all I can remember about them is hating the crap out of them.

Driver Parallel Lines : boring game that tried to be like GTA:SA with customizable cars. Only problem is the story sucked, the cars were all ugly and the music they chose for it was bland (All songs I've heard a billion times and weren't that hot to begin with).

Skyrim : Yeah I know I rip on this game too much maybe but man it's still a huge disappointment. The game play is repetitive and the scenery is so bland that I can't remember anything about it even though I just fired it up again only a few months ago. 🤣

SimCity Societies : Seemed like a fun idea to social engineer a city but the game play simply didn't allow enough control which means it got boring really quick, as such I haven't played it since I got it (which was years ago).

G.I. Combat : Don't really remember much about this game other than it's an attempt at a 3d Close Combat and it sucked. I think it was the camera controls that mainly killed it for me iirc.

Terracide - A european Descent knockoff from the late 90's that could have been pretty cool because of it's nice graphics and shading but the controls make it almost unplayable. 🙁

There are likely tons more but I've probably forgot I've even played them by this point to be honest. 🤣

Last edited by King_Corduroy on 2015-04-21, 22:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 9 of 29, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gunmetal by Mad Genius Software.

I still remember when I saw the old old demo of this on a GlobalStar shareware compilation disc. But ever since finishing the pale demo I forgot about the whole game ever since never coming across it at any retail store.

Then there's Thunder Brigade, the game had wonderful software rendered graphics but the controls suffered and it eventually collected dust over the years when I couldn't muster through the campaign even on the standard difficulty setting.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 10 of 29, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:

Starship Titanic.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! How can you say that? That game was awesome (but wayyyy too short).

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 11 of 29, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Thorgal and John Sinclair...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 12 of 29, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I always considered "Z" (1996) to be an extremely dull, forgettable game, but after doing a quick research, it apparently wasn't.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 13 of 29, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:

Starship Titanic.

Are you serious? 😕

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 14 of 29, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Eh, how am I supposed to remember? 🤣 I've played so many random games that were just plain dull and boring, I can't even begin to list any.

Reply 15 of 29, by creepingnet

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Les Manley, it felt like a rip-off of Leisure Suit Larry, because it WAS a rip-off of Leisure Suit Larry. Except instead of being a stuck-in-the-70's womanizer, you're the 1980's Lackey A/V guy.

The difference was, Larry is actually good and memorable, Manley would get boring and a bit tedious after awhile. I don't even remember the puzzles like I do the LSL games.

~The Creeping Network~
My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/creepingnet
Creepingnet's World - https://creepingnet.neocities.org/
The Creeping Network Repo - https://www.geocities.ws/creepingnet2019/

Reply 18 of 29, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

some alternate history game set in 1951 and your an american resistance fighter, was bad enough i just stopped playing after about 15 minutes 🤣

Reply 19 of 29, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
candle_86 wrote:

some alternate history game set in 1951 and your an american resistance fighter, was bad enough i just stopped playing after about 15 minutes 🤣

This one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Point:_Fall_of_Liberty

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000