Common searches

Most forgettable games

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 29, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Whilst I was reminiscing about my family's old K6 machine, I suddenly remembered this mediocre game: http://www.mobygames.com/game/bionicle

Being big into Bionicle at that time, I had to get that game, which didn't run well on the K6 233MHz + Voodoo4 4500 (of course) and crashed often. After having the game crash for the 9,000,000,000th time in the middle of Toa Gali's stage, I was done for good. It wasn't until much later, when I got the PS2 version of that game, that I realized I wasn't missing much behind the crashes. Uninspired gameplay, too many different styles of gameplay being squeezed in at once, and a disjointed storyline that's too short made that game easily forgettable. The Game Boy Advance Bionicle games were much better, I thought.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 21 of 29, by Thraka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
King_Corduroy wrote:

G.I. Combat : Don't really remember much about this game other than it's an attempt at a 3d Close Combat and it sucked. I think it was the camera controls that mainly killed it for me iirc.

I met the maker of this (I believe he was also the original designer of CC) at E3 a LOOOOONG time ago.. Obviously because it wasn't out yet. It was looking good. I think we all had high hopes. I think what happened was they were pressured to release it early and it wasn't ready. That always makes a bad product. I hope you're playing the latest close combat, it's really good.

leileilol wrote:

Blake Stone.
I last played it through 20 years ago and I don't remember any particularly striking layout or fun moments in there. Gets high praise these days

I loved blake stone. It had some good innovations for the Wolf3D engine. Textured floors and ceilings, vending machines, talking to scientists who would t urn out to be either allies or enemies and possibly give you stuff. Then the sequel added a minimap and other things.

Compare that to Wolf3D and its sequel (I guess you could call it that..) Spear of Destiny and nothing changed. If you ask me, Blake Stone was the definitive Wolf3D engine game. ROTT changed so much it was really a new iteration of the engine, like jumping from Quake 1 to Quake 2.

Reply 22 of 29, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Thraka wrote:
I met the maker of this (I believe he was also the original designer of CC) at E3 a LOOOOONG time ago.. Obviously because it was […]
Show full quote
King_Corduroy wrote:

G.I. Combat : Don't really remember much about this game other than it's an attempt at a 3d Close Combat and it sucked. I think it was the camera controls that mainly killed it for me iirc.

I met the maker of this (I believe he was also the original designer of CC) at E3 a LOOOOONG time ago.. Obviously because it wasn't out yet. It was looking good. I think we all had high hopes. I think what happened was they were pressured to release it early and it wasn't ready. That always makes a bad product. I hope you're playing the latest close combat, it's really good.

leileilol wrote:

Blake Stone.
I last played it through 20 years ago and I don't remember any particularly striking layout or fun moments in there. Gets high praise these days

I loved blake stone. It had some good innovations for the Wolf3D engine. Textured floors and ceilings, vending machines, talking to scientists who would t urn out to be either allies or enemies and possibly give you stuff. Then the sequel added a minimap and other things.

Compare that to Wolf3D and its sequel (I guess you could call it that..) Spear of Destiny and nothing changed. If you ask me, Blake Stone was the definitive Wolf3D engine game. ROTT changed so much it was really a new iteration of the engine, like jumping from Quake 1 to Quake 2.

No I haven't yet! What makes it stand out from the older CC titles? I just couldn't justify paying 40$ for what is basically a rehash of CC2. 😒

People keep saying it's good though.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 23 of 29, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tayyare wrote:
candle_86 wrote:

some alternate history game set in 1951 and your an american resistance fighter, was bad enough i just stopped playing after about 15 minutes 🤣

This one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Point:_Fall_of_Liberty

Ugh that game was TERRIBLE. I bought it from a thrift store something like 10 years ago for almost nothing, guess that should have been a sign when an almost new game ends up in a thrift store. 🤣

Reply 24 of 29, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:
tayyare wrote:
candle_86 wrote:

some alternate history game set in 1951 and your an american resistance fighter, was bad enough i just stopped playing after about 15 minutes 🤣

This one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Point:_Fall_of_Liberty

Ugh that game was TERRIBLE. I bought it from a thrift store something like 10 years ago for almost nothing, guess that should have been a sign when an almost new game ends up in a thrift store. 🤣

Funny thing is, I managed to play it to the end, and having some fun. I also purchased it from a "super sale" bin in a supermarket. A forgettable game to say the least, but not something I hate and uninstalled back after half an hour of suffering (Iron Storm anyone?).

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 26 of 29, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RacoonRider wrote:

I don't remember any. Perhaps because they are most forgettable?

Thanks Racoon, I was anxiously waiting for this exact joke since the beginning of the topic!.. 😈

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 27 of 29, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Panzer Commander and Buccaneer are two more I can think of. Panzer Commander was pretty disappointing as far as sims go or maybe it's just the nature of tank sims but I've never bough another since playing this as a kid. 🤣

Reply 28 of 29, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also has anyone mentioned Daytona USA for Windows 95? That game was utter shitola 🤣.

Another one is SODA Off Road Racing by Sierra (1997), I remember my father struggeling big time to get this one to run and after many hardware upgrades we finally played it and it was horrible. The driving sucked and the graphics and sound were bland. Probably the coolest thing about it was the fact that the panels came off your car to show damage when you crashed into things, also I think your wheels could come off. Totally boring and finicky game though. 🤣

Reply 29 of 29, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
King_Corduroy wrote:

Also has anyone mentioned Daytona USA for Windows 95? That game was utter shitola 🤣.

That was a total scam, and I fell for it!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.