VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Hudson187

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Gateway_2000_800x.png

I love vintage Gateway2000 systems and have been collecting them for a few years now. My first PC was a Gateway2000 GP6-233, which was sent to the dumpster by a 20 year old fool 😢. Recently, I have picked up 5 Gateway systems; 386, 486, 2x P166 and a P3 500 system. I have driver disks and documentation that I wanted to preserve and share with the community since I didn't see much around the net.

I am scanning documentation with a Fujitsu Scansnap SV600 into a OCR PDF, 600dpi. Most will be black and white, while some will be in color.

Once I get around to imaging the driver disks, they will most likely be in *.img format, unless someone has a suggestion.

I'd like to upload data to vogonsdrivers, however if SquallStrife prefers, I can upload to archive.org.

If anyone has any suggestions to this layout or has anything to contribute, please pm me.

- Hudson187

This thread will continue to be updated as I scan and image all of my documentation and driver disks.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sound Cards

Ensoniq Soundscape Wavetable Sound Card

User's Guide, 9/95, SNDMAN017ABUS

Technical Note, 11/95, SNDMAN020AAUS

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Video Cards

Coming soon

Computer System

Coming soon

http://www.hudson187.com

Reply 1 of 3, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm fond of the lower P5 lineup (1994-1996) only because of their rampant public existence in the mid-to-later '90s for being a cheap Pentium machine. They were bad at LAN parties, and oh those "CRYSTALSCAN" monitors 🙁 but they did try to have a decent software bundle to make up for it.

BIOSes and updates could be handy too maybe. I do know they used the Intel AMIBIOS

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 3, by Hudson187

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

I'm fond of the lower P5 lineup (1994-1996) only because of their rampant public existence in the mid-to-later '90s for being a cheap Pentium machine. They were bad at LAN parties, and oh those "CRYSTALSCAN" monitors 🙁 but they did try to have a decent software bundle to make up for it.

BIOSes and updates could be handy too maybe. I do know they used the Intel AMIBIOS

Me too -- I love some of the case aesthetics. They started to lose me after the 440BX era.

I agree with updates and BIOSes -- I'll see what I have and what I can find.

http://www.hudson187.com

Reply 3 of 3, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have 3 Gateway 2000 branded motherboards, all actually Intel boards. No complete systems, original software, or Gateway cases though, just bare boards. I used a Socket-7 Gateway board for my last DOS machine, it was as simple and reliable as can be.

One of them is an early Pentium Pro board with the 450KX chipset which has a hilarious number of ICs all over the place, just to accomplish a very basic feature set. I short-sightedly stripped it for parts a long time ago. More recently I tried to restore it to working order, but there's a heatsinked MOSFET or other such 3 legged IC which is still missing and I have no idea what part it was supposed to be.