Common searches

Reply 40 of 44, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
candle_86 wrote:
Kodai wrote:

I used to take my old monitors out to a range and unload on them with everything from .22's through 10 guage shotguns as well as old black powder pistols and large bore rifles. Must have popped about two dozen of them over the years. Tried it with an LCD a few years back. Its just not the same thing.

I agree though i found a new way to have fun with old computer's that no longer function and arn't worth the time, effort or money to fix, such as Core 2 dell's 🤣. I take them out to the country, stick gunpowder inside the case, make a long fuse and light it, almost as fun as blowing up a monitor with a gun 🤣.

Truly? Core 2 duos are hardly obsolete yet, I've read they perform close to modern day Core i3's. I personally wouldn't trash any Core 2 PCs - considering the older LGA775 Pentium 4 mobos can easily sell on Ebay for $25 a piece with the cpu and ram included. I'd only destroy PC hardware if it was completely failed. Somebody will want it if it still works. Hell, I still use CRTs on all my PCs, even my brand new AMD Kavari APU system. heh heh..

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html

Reply 41 of 44, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
computergeek92 wrote:
candle_86 wrote:
Kodai wrote:

I used to take my old monitors out to a range and unload on them with everything from .22's through 10 guage shotguns as well as old black powder pistols and large bore rifles. Must have popped about two dozen of them over the years. Tried it with an LCD a few years back. Its just not the same thing.

I agree though i found a new way to have fun with old computer's that no longer function and arn't worth the time, effort or money to fix, such as Core 2 dell's 🤣. I take them out to the country, stick gunpowder inside the case, make a long fuse and light it, almost as fun as blowing up a monitor with a gun 🤣.

Truly? Core 2 duos are hardly obsolete yet, I've read they perform close to modern day Core i3's. I personally wouldn't trash any Core 2 PCs - considering the older LGA775 Pentium 4 mobos can easily sell on Ebay for $25 a piece with the cpu and ram included. I'd only destroy PC hardware if it was completely failed. Somebody will want it if it still works. Hell, I still use CRTs on all my PCs, even my brand new AMD Kavari APU system. heh heh..

so yes,it appears to be broken stuff. Still, I would try to test and salvage the CPUs,ram,cabling ,disk drives,maybe the PSU . usually non working OEM machines seem to have dread mobos

Reply 42 of 44, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Also, almost anything that will run a C2D will run a comparable C2Quad, which is STILL a huge amount of performance for the money. Almost a huge amount of performance for ANY money.

For even fairly intensive PC tasks I would happily use an LGA 775 system. And do, for Windows 10!

Reply 43 of 44, by Kodai

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just wanted to point out that I never destroyed monitors that were either working or were repairable. I've repaired monitors for a living back in the early 90's and can determine whether or not its worth tossing or fixing. I've never tossed out (or taken to a range) a bit of gear that was worth fixing, and I strip the thing of any useful parts.

Reply 44 of 44, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
smeezekitty wrote:

so yes,it appears to be broken stuff. Still, I would try to test and salvage the CPUs,ram,cabling ,disk drives,maybe the PSU . usually non working OEM machines seem to have dread mobos

Oh, I originally thought you meant the computers and stuff you trashed were no longer functional, but could use restoring. (failed psu, bad hard drives, etc.)

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html