VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 32, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
fyy wrote:

and find the owner of this seed's IP and give him a call to tell him to stay on and that I'm grateful he's still seeding.

I understand this feeling so much. I am grateful when people seed rare/precise/old stuff that makes me wonder "hey, that person is seeding this exact thing that I was searching, how nice of them.

I think in an old version of Morpheus or Limewire, a very long time ago, there was a chat functionality to send messages to a peer.
Send a message once or twice for stuff I was very grateful they were seeding. Never got any responses though.

Lo Wang wrote:

I was once temped to get the geocities torrent

Wait... there's a torrent of Geocities? Like a site dump? That thing must be huuuuuge.
Edit : yeah, 650GB of data is pretty large, especially if you're only looking for specific files.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 21 of 32, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Beegle wrote:
Lo Wang wrote:

I was once temped to get the geocities torrent

Wait... there's a torrent of Geocities? Like a site dump? That thing must be huuuuuge.
Edit : yeah, 650GB of data is pretty large, especially if you're only looking for specific files.

Yeah, it was the infamous first project of the ArchiveTeam.
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2513918/ … ---sort-of.html

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 22 of 32, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
fyy wrote:
leileilol wrote:

No because I don't feel the need to torrent.

Something tells me you were typing that with your arms crossed and a frowny face. Whats wrong? 😊

What's wrong is we don't encourage piracy in these forums.

Reply 23 of 32, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:
fyy wrote:
leileilol wrote:

No because I don't feel the need to torrent.

Something tells me you were typing that with your arms crossed and a frowny face. Whats wrong? 😊

What's wrong is we don't encourage piracy in these forums.

How do you know he is pirating something? And who really cares if he is?

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 24 of 32, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, GliDOS has it's official forum here at Vogons, and GliDOS' own website has been offering a pirated copy of One Unit Whole Blood for centuries now, so even if indirectly, there's minor condoning of piracy going on.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 25 of 32, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are legitimate uses of bit torrent. A lot of large files are downloaded through bit torrent.
I usually download Linux distros to try out through BT. Also, a few 3d benchmarking utilities.

sliderider always get unnecessarily worked up over topics of piracy. Most people that are anti-piracy under any circumstance
don't think about it logically or realize the true impact (lack thereof)

I don't condone piracy of new/current media and software -- but that's where my care stops.

Reply 30 of 32, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sf78 wrote:
snorg wrote:

What the hell kind of torrent is 84GB? Every episode of Dr. Who ever?

There's a 111GB torrent with just the 6 Star Wars movies in it. 🤣

That seems kinda big even for 6 1080p movies