VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So is it just me who have this?

I use my own recordings. Used to have the theme of Police Quest II recorded on my MT32, but recently switched to Fastway (starting from 1:37) from Rise of the Triads recorded on my Roland SC55-mkII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FNp7PUMD6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA0pPKzSeBQ (this recording is from a SC88, but it sounds very much the same on the SC55-mkII)

So far no one has recognized the songs 🤣

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1 of 19, by ZanQuance

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mine has The Neverhood songs as ringtones for everyone in my contact list.
My favorite is when it goes "da da doi doi doi" and I get funny looks from people. They must all think I hate the person who is calling haha!

Reply 2 of 19, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice picks! I used to have the theme from Snatcher on the MSX2 (absolutely love that soundtrack) a few years back.

Not really retro, but for the past 7-8 months I've used the Cargo Ship level music from Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Another great and unique soundtrack btw.

Reply 3 of 19, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I used to have one too in the past. It was Bubble-Bobble. Instant recognition by people around me.
Then I switched to Scumm-Bar theme. Lesser people knew the tune. 🙁
Wich probably is sad thinking of how much better and diverse Monkey is compared to Bubble.

I guess the Danish people are mostly casual gamers or something.... 😁

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 4 of 19, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

for some years now I am using a Monkey Island theme speaker recording... I got used to it so I don't bother changing it 🤣

Attachments

• Filename
    speaker_monkeyisland.mp3
    File size
    125.31 KiB
    Downloads
    50 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 6 of 19, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

heh, mine's a section of the Turrican II intro music. Gotta rotate them every once in a while, because it sucks when good tunes become (subconsciously) associated with the annoyance of a ringing phone. 😉
I also used the Alley Cat title music for a while (PC speaker version -- use with an ultra-modern phone for maximum effect).

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 7 of 19, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have one part of the Second Reality demo music as my ringtone. Drives people crazy. I had the victory ringtone from Final Fantasy on my previous phone.

Attachments

• Filename
    UNREALPM - ringtone.zip
    File size
    415.81 KiB
    Downloads
    50 downloads
    File comment
    Second Reality Ringtone
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 8 of 19, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
VileRancour wrote:

Gotta rotate them every once in a while, because it sucks when good tunes become (subconsciously) associated with the annoyance of a ringing phone. 😉

Hehe, that's why I changed!

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 10 of 19, by 133MHz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've had the intro tune from Pressure Cooker as my ringtone for years as a tribute of sorts to its origins but what VileRancour said is spot on and it now annoys me, so I've learned to avoid using stuff I like as ringtones. 😜

http://133FSB.wordpress.com

Reply 11 of 19, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've got TRON ringtones for my family/friends. For unknown callers, I have a Navi Ringtone.

That Neverhood song is also very good. I may grab that and use it for employer/co-workers. Previously, I've always just used "Yakety Sax" for them. This is more subtle.

Reply 14 of 19, by Davis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cannon Fodder theme with the Amiga Tunes app for Android: War... never been so much fun.
But might change it to Neverhood Klaymen's theme now 😀

Reply 16 of 19, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Back when I had my old Nokia 3310 had a the pager tune from the original GTA.
These days I'm lazy and just go with something preloaded

Reply 18 of 19, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Never bothered using retro game tracks as ringtones. I always chopped guitar solos out of progressive metal tracks and put them on random.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 19 of 19, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I began using midi files as ringtones, 13 years ago. On my nokia Ngage, and some of the tunes were game tunes too. Others were Depeche mode tunes. So for me using video game tunes, as my ring tones is not really something new 😀 But it is cool, that some people do it, also some years back I used to use The Monkey Island main theme. So it was fun 😀