VOGONS

Common searches

DosFreak calls it the conspiracy theories, but Forbes says otherwise...

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Microsoft Admits Windows 10 Automatic Spying Cannot Be Stopped
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/ … artner=yahootix

Oh yeah, I forgot it must be one of those unknown sources...

Reply 1 of 9, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Read the f*ing article before posting. In no way, shape or form they prove that what MS tracks invades privacy, just that it does track a few thing and conjecture about it. What is up with this crusade against Windows 10? Just go use *nix or MacOS and be happy. No one is forcing you to like it.

Reply 3 of 9, by calvin

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Jesus people, if you don't like it, just install Linux and move on. No need to go into a circlejerk that's been refuted dozens of times here.

2xP2 450, 512 MB SDR, GeForce DDR, Asus P2B-D, Windows 2000
P3 866, 512 MB RDRAM, Radeon X1650, Dell Dimension XPS B866, Windows 7
M2 @ 250 MHz, 64 MB SDE, SiS5598, Compaq Presario 2286, Windows 98

Reply 4 of 9, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
alexanrs wrote:

Read the f*ing article before posting. In no way, shape or form they prove that what MS tracks invades privacy, just that it does track a few thing and conjecture about it. What is up with this crusade against Windows 10? Just go use *nix or MacOS and be happy. No one is forcing you to like it.

I would be very careful with using the f* word, just because you covered one letter with a star doesn't mean you didn't say it. I admit I have't read the article, but the tittle is very catchy. I was trying to post it in the old Windows 10 thread, but couldn't do it since it got locked by DosFreak. What I don't get is why does it give people a such butthurt. I didn't ask for your opinion, I am good with Windows 7, thanks.

alexanrs wrote:

In no way, shape or form they prove that what MS tracks invades privacy, just that it does track a few thing and conjecture about it.

Did you just contradict yourself?

Reply 5 of 9, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a separate machine with XP for all my pirated stuff anyway. And even on my main machine I have Win7 with no issues. I have tried 10 and the only thing I didn't care for were mandatory updates, but there are ways around it, so oh well.

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 6 of 9, by Tertz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
alexanrs wrote:

just that it does track a few thing

Sure. They just gather data, but no one have a proof they read it. Even if they may get profit in it. Industrial spying, NSA and CIA are just for fun too. And Edward Snowden with his documents is just a fairytale like Santa Claus.
A few: any data from HDD, about its files, data from memory wich is transfered for every 30 min.

DOSBox CPU Benchmark
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 7 of 9, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What I meant os that they presentes no evidence that the information sent is personal data, and MS claims it is just debug info when Windows faces either stability or performance issues. And there is nothing that contradicts them.
Also, beware that this article wasn't written by the staff, by a contributor.

Reply 9 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The fact that you even remember that thread and brought it up again further supports my decision to lock that one and this one. Thank you.

What was said before applies still:
Re: Any of you on Windows 10?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline