VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

my cousin hands me this mysterious package he found idk he worked for the cia, and then hours later or days the CIA or FBI come to my house, stomp me to the group handcuffs on my back, gagged me placed a bag over my head, took me to the interrogation room told me where the package was, it was a tape or film, looked like an 8 track tape, i told em i didnt know where it was, they let me go, i retrieve it and i watch it... more to come

Reply 3 of 8, by PCBONEZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sounds like a really short game.

Are you sure it wasn't a real life premonition?

What does your ghost do after you wake up?

GRUMPY OLD FART - On Hiatus, sort'a
Mann-Made Global Warming. - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.
You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.

Reply 5 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I once had a dream about some RTS/Settlers hybrid game with an open world which was endless (probably auto-generated). There'd be new enemy tribes/races from time to time and every time you conquer their lands, more stuff on the horizon always.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 8, by Snayperskaya

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

I once had a dream about some RTS/Settlers hybrid game with an open world which was endless (probably auto-generated). There'd be new enemy tribes/races from time to time and every time you conquer their lands, more stuff on the horizon always.

A non-stop (not segmented in chapters, levels, etc) RTS where you could expand your empire to the whole planet, with micro and macro-management? That would be cool.

Reply 7 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Snayperskaya wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

A non-stop (not segmented in chapters, levels, etc) RTS where you could expand your empire to the whole planet, with micro and macro-management? That would be cool.

Yes, but my idea was that this world is endless. The black FoW just keeps going on indefinitely and one will have to constantly have to manage and "tech-up" in order to keep up with your conquests the larger your empire gets. Gameplay should be fun and interesting, having a script of different behaviours for each new enemy that's randomly generated. It could be very varied and flexible (some people might prefer a world with ends instead of forever open borders).

And it should be moddable 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 8 of 8, by Snayperskaya

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If we take on account that most micromanaged RTS we had to control a couple hundred/few thousands of people, if we change that to state (US-sized, for example) with millions, or even countries and continents, with billions. Enough gameplay for years 😁

I wonder about taking Rise of Nations formula a step further and adding interplanetary discover/alien combat/anihhilation of planets (without diving too much into space techies, for keeping a brisk game pace), swapping from macro to micromanagement anytime, etc. This would be great for endless gameplay 😀