VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Hudson187

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Vogons members,

I have been a long time lurker and occasional poster of the VOGONS site. Throughout the years, I have amassed a large collection of PC parts, from peripheral cards to motherboards to storage; the time has come to part with some of my spare parts.

The reason for this is simple -- no more room. My wife and I along with our 2 year old live in a decent sized condo, however with my other hobby, that being collecting video games, is starting to grow more and more, I need to make room. Therefore, I have gone through my boxes of spare computer parts and pulled what I can part with -- sorry, I'm keeping my sound and video cards 😀; I'd rather see them go to a good home instead of Goodwill or the trash.

I've put together a list of parts which can be viewed here. I have tried my best to list what I have; I can take a picture upon request if need be. They are available for free to whomever wants them. They have been in storage for quite a while -- I do not guarantee the parts work, however most of the cards were pulled from working systems or are new. The motherboards were purchased on eBay or pulled from working systems and the drives are unknown working condition. All batteries have been pulled from the motherboard when put into storage and all items have been packaged and stored appropriately in ESD bags.

All I ask is the recipient pay for shipping, preferable purchasing shipping from USPS directly or though Paypal here and emailing me the shipping label in PDF format. Most items can fit in a USPS flat rate medium sized box, weight is 1lb per item, except hard drives which would be 2lb per drive. You pick the speed of shipping and I will package appropriately and send out items twice a week.

If you are interested, please PM me and we will work out the details. I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly to what is currently available.

I can only keep these parts on hand until February 12 2016 -- after that I will have no choice but to Goodwill them. I'm hoping 3 weeks is enough time and that members of Vogons are interested. Also, I have no interest in posting on other sites as I am only a active member on Vogons. If for some reason the mods deem this inappropriate for the site, please let me know ASAP.

Thank you!

Edit: I just added more stuff -- one item is a Packard Bell computer -- we will have to work on shipping if someone wants it. Also 2 'beefy' keyboards -- those will be 4lb each.

http://www.hudson187.com

Reply 1 of 4, by HardwareExtreme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Are the PCIX Sata and SAS cards suitable for RAID? And, what interface is the 320GB drive (SATA, SAS, IDE?) And, are you willing to part with any other 775 or similar AMD boards?

Q: Why didn't Intel call the Pentium the 586?
A: Because they added 486 and 100 on the first Pentium and got 585.999983605.

Source: http://www.columbia.edu/~sss31/rainbow/pentium.jokes.html

Reply 2 of 4, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We had a thread like this not too long ago that wound up with at least one person not getting what they asked for and the OP vanishing off the face of the planet: Senrew's Parts Giveaway

Besides, I don't think threads like these are allowed here on VOGONS... 😐

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 3 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Sutekh94 wrote:

We had a thread like this not too long ago that wound up with at least one person not getting what they asked for and the OP vanishing off the face of the planet: Senrew's Parts Giveaway

Besides, I don't think threads like these are allowed here on VOGONS... 😐

True. Better use amibay

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!