VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zapp3012

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys, new member here. Was linked here by WayBackTECH on YouTube. Thanks for that.
I'm in Northern Ireland, and I just recently got back into old computers. I had a pile of old CPU's from my past, and wanted to see what they could still do. So I bought a socket7 board on eBay, and I've been playing about with them.
I'm obsessed with old PC stuff, mostly video cards. I have a sizeable collection of them. I also collect old Video Game consoles.

Looking forward to talking with everybody and having some fun here. I'll likely be needing some advice as I go 😀

Zapp.

Reply 1 of 9, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Welcome, Zapp! Looking forward to hearing about your video cards and the rest of your hardware.

Cheers

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2 of 9, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Cheers and welcome!
Everyone here is very passionate about something or the other. There are different niches... for some it's video cards, others (like me) it's sound cards... it varies but overall people are always willing to help and give advice.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 6 of 9, by Zapp3012

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keenmaster486 wrote:

Retro hardware stuff goes in Marvin 😀
Are you actually Irish, or do you just live there?

Thanks. I'll be making a thread soon 😀

I was born here, in Northern Ireland.

Reply 8 of 9, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Also Zapp, this is one of the friendliest forums on the net. Everyone tries to help because we share a mutual passion.
😀

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 9 of 9, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hear, hear.
Woo! An Irishman! I love Ireland, sir, it's very beautiful there. Also, my mother is half Irish 😉 I just had an idea: a nationality thread. Is that a stupid idea?

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.