VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lucky7456969

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Could anyone recommend some pc games for girls?
- 7 years old.
PC games.

Reply 2 of 39, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

But American McGee`s Alice is a bloody horror game so not for children, you can try some dos games like Commander Keen series, Rayman series. And if you using Steam some Match3 games will be good, and also Timberman, Pixel Puzzles series (but not Pixel Puzzle Undead), EGDE, RUSH, Clickr, Race the Sun.

Last edited by Tiger433 on 2016-07-26, 11:37. Edited 1 time in total.

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel

Reply 3 of 39, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lucky7456969 wrote:

- 7 years old.
PC games.

Modern or retro PC games?

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 4 of 39, by FaSMaN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Jazz Jackrabit 1,2 (2 has multiplayer and I just to play it with my sister for hours as a kid growing up)
Sims
Edutainment games

Also let her try some of the boys games and see if there are any that she likes, just becouse its a boys game doesnt mean girls cant play them 😉

Reply 5 of 39, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FaSMaN wrote:
Jazz Jackrabit 1,2 (2 has multiplayer and I just to play it with my sister for hours as a kid growing up) Sims Edutainment games […]
Show full quote

Jazz Jackrabit 1,2 (2 has multiplayer and I just to play it with my sister for hours as a kid growing up)
Sims
Edutainment games

Also let her try some of the boys games and see if there are any that she likes, just becouse its a boys game doesnt mean girls cant play them 😉

Propably she can try Colin McRae series or Rally Championship, FIFA series, or also Need For Speed, SimCity 2000/3000.

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel

Reply 6 of 39, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lucky7456969 wrote:

- 7 years old.
PC games.

Some adventure games, maybe? Like the rereleased Monkey Island/Day of the Tentacles games?

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 10 of 39, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Commander Keen all the way. Vorticons (great and easy for kids) plus Galaxy. Plus all of the mods, especially Atroxian Realm.

Jazz Jackrabbit, yes.
Hocus Pocus.
Skyroads.
Duke Nukem I & II
Paku Paku 😜
Tyrian

And finally... Sonic Robo Blast II. I know from experience; my sister played all of those games endlessly since before she was seven til this day.

Set her up with Keen on a 286 with a Gravis Gamepad and let her have at it 😀

Edit: someone mentioned multiplayer games... the old standbys for my sister and I that we played since we were about that age are Netkeen and SRB2 as mentioned above.
A seven year old girl and another player could have endless fun with both of those.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 11 of 39, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some people were impressed by the Rockett series back in the day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Moon
http://kotaku.com/5913019/she-tried-to-make-g … ever-that-meant

Reply 12 of 39, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

DxBall, I loved that game and I played very much that years ago and Settlers series, Settlers II is best in my opinion from them, first Heroes of Might and Magic.

My Youtube channel

Reply 15 of 39, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

IMO these could be pretty gender-neutral and fit with her age :
- Incredible Machine
- Lemmings
- Simcity 2000

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 16 of 39, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Errius wrote:

I think a majority of players of The Sims are female.

I thought of The Sims as well, but I remember there being some fairly adult themes in it that might not be appropriate for a 7 year old?

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks