Common searches

VOGONS GAME SERVER IS UP! Down for now.

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 135, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For some reason ut99 is a bit unstable, ended up with an ingame crash with the sound looping so I had to reset my system 🙁.
Next day 😀.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 81 of 135, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If someone is suggesting mods then I suggest the last version of the Unreal 4 Ever Tournament (U4eT) mod. It has some rather amusing weapons, plus custom characters. Dunno' how well it will play online though as I never tested the mod in netplay.

ChaosUT is also another fine choice.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 82 of 135, by ElementalChaos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just upgraded my Dell 4100 with a V3 3000 and 100T ethernet card for this very occasion. I've put about 5 hours into UT in the past, mostly bot matches, from what I recall I just spectated on servers and watched the carnage. I've decided to jump in this time though. Can't wait to get my ass kicked tomorrow! 🤣

Pluto, the maxed out Dell Dimension 4100: Pentium III 1400S | 256MB | GeForce4 Ti4200 + Voodoo4 4500 | SB Live! 5.1
Charon, the DOS and early Windows time machine: K6-III+ 600 | 256MB | TNT2 Ultra + Voodoo3 2000 | Audician 32 Plus

Reply 83 of 135, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The only good mod I can think of is PerUnreal which is pretty much an attempt at PerQuake on UT, including the movie-ish sound effect upgrades and the love for chainsaws and miniguns. It also has a shotgun

I should also warn that there is already another Q3 server with the VOGONS name ;P

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 84 of 135, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can still see the password image when not logged in.
You have to use the "place inline" option, otherwise the attachment is visible and can be downloaded (if it is a zip file) for all.
I suggest changing it by now.

Test:

pw.png
Filename
pw.png
File size
1.84 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

EDIT:
Strange? It doesn't work here.
But it works here: AUDIO - Nuked OPL3 Patch for DOSBox(+Windows build) (SDL1)

my important / useful posts are here

Reply 85 of 135, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
James-F wrote:
I can still see the password image when not logged in. You have to use the "place inline" option, otherwise the attachment is vi […]
Show full quote

I can still see the password image when not logged in.
You have to use the "place inline" option, otherwise the attachment is visible and can be downloaded (if it is a zip file) for all.
I suggest changing it by now.

Test:

pw.png

EDIT:
Strange? It doesn't work here.
But it works here: AUDIO - Nuked OPL3 Patch for DOSBox(+Windows build) (SDL1)

How about adding the inline thingy like in your example and then naming the .zip exactly like the password. Without logging in, I couldn't see the name of the .zip that was uploaded to Vogons. The name of the file could hence be the password, just use a dummy .zip file, problem solved 😀

Report spammers here!

Reply 86 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
leileilol wrote:

The only good mod I can think of is PerUnreal which is pretty much an attempt at PerQuake on UT, including the movie-ish sound effect upgrades and the love for chainsaws and miniguns. It also has a shotgun

I should also warn that there is already another Q3 server with the VOGONS name ;P

They will have to deal with a second one 😈
Well ours would be VOGONS and not Vogon. 🤣

Reply 87 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

[quote="Tetrium]How about adding the inline thingy like in your example and then naming the .zip exactly like the password. Without logging in, I couldn't see the name of the .zip that was uploaded to Vogons. The name of the file could hence be the password, just use a dummy .zip file, problem solved 😀[/quote]
Does not work

Reply 88 of 135, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jade Falcon wrote:

[quote="Tetrium]How about adding the inline thingy like in your example and then naming the .zip exactly like the password. Without logging in, I couldn't see the name of the .zip that was uploaded to Vogons. The name of the file could hence be the password, just use a dummy .zip file, problem solved 😀

Does not work[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Filename
Milliways.zip
File size
1.67 KiB
Downloads
49 downloads
File comment
Password
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Seems you are correct. How the hell doesn't it work for us but it does in the link provided? What am I missing here?

I seem to be able to even download the file without being logged into Vogons 😕

Report spammers here!

Reply 90 of 135, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Now where did my UT99 disc run off to. . .picked the case off the shelf and the disc is gone 🙁

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 91 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

I made some changes to my network.

pings to London England is around 100-120ms.
pings to Norway are around 150ms not much better, but I'm getting there.

Now for the new modem and cat7.

Reply 92 of 135, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What's going on? Is there actually an online gaming server connection for everybody on Vogons? How do I join? How many games are available? Pardon my lack of knowledge...

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html

Reply 93 of 135, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
computergeek92 wrote:

What's going on? Is there actually an online gaming server connection for everybody on Vogons? How do I join? How many games are available? Pardon my lack of knowledge...

I already had Unreal Anthology installed which includes ut99, I opened up the server list and Vogons is in the list (sortied to alphabetical order). Add to favorites, done 😀

The password has I think been mentioned now like 10 times or so? 🤣

Report spammers here!

Reply 94 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
computergeek92 wrote:

Read the op

Its open to all vogons members, Right now its just UT99 and you must use your Vogons user name on the server or let us know the kame your be using.

Reply 96 of 135, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PeterLI wrote:

I only like real players. I am not a fan of bots. 😀

Bots set at a static skill level are a good way to see one's own skill level. And that way the server is always 'populated'.

When making a server, I'll at times add something like 4 to 8 bots and adjust each bot individually, each an individual skill level, individual favorite weapon and tactics, it makes it more diverse and less predictable.

Report spammers here!

Reply 99 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
leileilol wrote:

Another way to hide a password to the unregistered is to put it in your user profile's occupation / interests section and ask to look there

Nice idea. I'll give that a go.
Also to anyone that posted it, please remove it from your post.