Common searches

Goodbye

Topic actions

First post, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm going to leave this forum soon. If anyone wishes to say their goodbyes, now is the time.

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html

Reply 1 of 22, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bye dude! Enjoy the computing.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 5 of 22, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mrau wrote:

whatever it is that makes you crave this attention i wish for you to overcome that problem. bye.

This was also my first impulse. But there are situations where people have to leave stuff they like behind, for example illness, moving, hard times.

Good luck out there, computergeek92.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 8 of 22, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
keenmaster486 wrote:

Dude, hope all is well with you.

Sure do.

Maybe he's getting married, broke, sick ,moving, working 12 hours sifts? Maybe he's going to jail... Err didn't I already said he maybe getting married in that list.

Hope all is well.

Reply 9 of 22, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Unless you are dying or getting out of the hobby permanently why bother saying goodbye? Most people get bored or have life issues that keep them away from boards, but does anybody really notice?

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 13 of 22, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bye... I was on a forum once, for people of alternative culture. (Goth, Emo, Metal and so on)
And I thought it was in order to say goodbye in a decent matter, and say to people that they could drop their email.
Just in order to keep up the conversations and the contact. Guess what... I was named all kind of ill shit instead.

It was a bit like walking up to a group to say a friendly hello, just to have a bucket of ice water thrown in the face
instead of getting a friendly respons and a good conversation.
Called an attention whore and so on. I could just have said f*ck it and just leave. Guess curtisy never pays off.

Anyway... All good and happy thoughts from here. Wish you luck in the real world. 😀

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 15 of 22, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good bye. Good luck with your stuff

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 16 of 22, by ElementalChaos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Alright, see you tomorrow!

Pluto, the maxed out Dell Dimension 4100: Pentium III 1400S | 256MB | GeForce4 Ti4200 + Voodoo4 4500 | SB Live! 5.1
Charon, the DOS and early Windows time machine: K6-III+ 600 | 256MB | TNT2 Ultra + Voodoo3 2000 | Audician 32 Plus

Reply 17 of 22, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:
Bye... I was on a forum once, for people of alternative culture. (Goth, Emo, Metal and so on) And I thought it was in order to s […]
Show full quote

Bye... I was on a forum once, for people of alternative culture. (Goth, Emo, Metal and so on)
And I thought it was in order to say goodbye in a decent matter, and say to people that they could drop their email.
Just in order to keep up the conversations and the contact. Guess what... I was named all kind of ill shit instead.

It was a bit like walking up to a group to say a friendly hello, just to have a bucket of ice water thrown in the face
instead of getting a friendly respons and a good conversation.
Called an attention whore and so on. I could just have said f*ck it and just leave. Guess curtisy never pays off.

Anyway... All good and happy thoughts from here. Wish you luck in the real world. 😀

That sucks. People can be downright mean, for no good reason. Even if someone wants some attention, there is a reason. Maybe beyond the scope of what a forum could or should provide, but even that can be handled with grace, kindness and respect, if someone gives a crap about treating others the way they'd like to be treated.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 18 of 22, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
computergeek92 wrote:

I'm going to leave this forum soon. If anyone wishes to say their goodbyes, now is the time.

Goodbye comrade. I hope everything will be OK for you and you will return soon.

To those who are unable to offer a kind word or remain silent in your parting: Your words say much about you.

Reply 19 of 22, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Forums put zero requirements on your activity level; people come and go as time permits, and it's unusual to make anything dramatic of it. But there are many good reasons to rethink one's priorities at times, even drastically. I hope it was nothing unforeseen.

So long and happy trails.

My big-red-switch 486