VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sandi1987

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Which newer 2000-2004 games can i play with Pentium 3 with 128 MB GPU? Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Painkiller maybe?

Reply 2 of 7, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Which games do you want to play? Which exact GPU are you using? One 128MB GPU may perform vastly different from another 128MB GPU, so which one you have is actually kinda quite important.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 7, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

which Pentium III ? Pentium III can mean anything from a 450mhz Katmai , to a 1.4Ghz Tualatin.

with a 450mhz Katmai , games from 2000 are perfectly playable. with a Tualatin , you can push that up to 2002 easily with games like GTA3 , Warcraft 3 etc.

later stuff like Max Payne 2 will run , albeit not always smoothly. Doom3 or Half Life 2 wont be too great though.

Reply 5 of 7, by Sandi1987

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Which is the best driver for 9600XT? With latest ATI Drivers from ATI site for this GPU i have lower score in 3DMark. With this driver http://download.cnet.com/VGA-Driver-ATI-zip/3 … 8_4-197323.html i got around 800 points more. With ATI Radeon 9250 i had better score with this driver too.

Reply 6 of 7, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Technically alot of them, how well is another story, for instance FarCry says a 1ghz Pentium 3, but it doesn't run so hot on one

Reply 7 of 7, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Sandi1987 wrote:

Which is the best driver for 9600XT? With latest ATI Drivers from ATI site for this GPU i have lower score in 3DMark. With this driver http://download.cnet.com/VGA-Driver-ATI-zip/3 … 8_4-197323.html i got around 800 points more. With ATI Radeon 9250 i had better score with this driver too.

Id use the newest omega drivers, not sure where you get those today.