VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yup, this is golden. You can read it here.

Ebay and their stupid GSP program. . The seller would never know they lost a buyer unless the buyer queries it. GSP is supposed to encourage international sales, but it is doing just the opposite.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 9, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

GSP is pure bs.

Unfortunately, ebay has been very successful in strongarming sellers to use GSP programs. This is what my most favorite PC game seller has said.

thepc_gamer wrote:
Hey Thepc_gamer here. Kreshna mentioned this link to me and I just noticed this problem myself a few weeks ago when someone from […]
Show full quote

Hey Thepc_gamer here. Kreshna mentioned this link to me and I just noticed this problem myself a few weeks ago when someone from Germany tried to buy something and asked how much shipping was. I offer worldwide shipping so was surprised to see it missing from the drop down box. I read somewhere that it's a glitch but I'm sure it's intentional. These countries not allowing imported software is BS though. Germany does have tight restrictions about violent games or anything Hitler/wolfenstein related. But they definatly do not restrict all games.

Ebay is just continuing to shoot themselves in the foot with higher and higher fees and restrictions. I've been selling used PC games for a living on ebay since 2005 but it's just not paying anymore. With ebay taking about 15% now there is not much room for profit. I just moved back to TX on May 2nd and downsized because I can't pay my bills by selling on ebay anymore. I used to work about 40hrs a week now I work about 65 a week and I'm making about 30% less. Now the U.S. Is trying to pass an online sales tax. If that passes I think a large number of ebay sellers will be done. I will be for sure.

Anyhow getting around this I'm not sure but I'm willing to try there is nothing wrong with selling to the countries listed. I think you could create a U.S. ebay account then just email the buyer beforehand and ask if they will ship overseas.

Also if you're in one of these blocked countries when you look at my store does it show any items at all or zero? http://www.ebay.com/sch/thepc_gamer/m.html?it … =p2047675.l2562

Would love to know.

Thepc_gamer
Dan's Classic PC Games

And now they apply various stupid restrictions with no apparent benefit whatsoever neither to the buyer nor the seller. Makes me question the sanity of corporate executives today.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 3 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is this supposed to encourage international trade in some way or something? 😕

Sounds more like they are trying to further squeeze out a lemon...err I mean hard working human beings.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 9, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

GSP is a complete BS anyway. I once asked a seller using it about a really small item weighting less than 100g if there was some error because it had a shipping cost of ~60 euros. Seller's answer was "Yes I agree, ebay's Global shipping pricing has no weight structure and covers from 0g to 20kg as one price!" Go figure...

Reply 5 of 9, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Funny thing about GSP: sometimes an item with cheaper price has way more expensive S/H cost than the same item with more expensive price. And yes, the two item are the same item with basically the same condition, same size, same weight, same packaging, etc. I mean, huh?

Reply 6 of 9, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
konc wrote:

GSP is a complete BS anyway. I once asked a seller using it about a really small item weighting less than 100g if there was some error because it had a shipping cost of ~60 euros. Seller's answer was "Yes I agree, ebay's Global shipping pricing has no weight structure and covers from 0g to 20kg as one price!" Go figure...

The strange thing is that just a few weeks ago I bought a US electrical outlet via Ebay that was shipped by the GSP, and shipping by First Class small package mail using GSP for the rather large item was around what I expected it to be (20 bucks). Other sellers selling the same item and shipping via GSP had outrageous shipping charges (60-70 bucks for priority mail). So how one seller can offer GSP-shipped items with normal shipping and the others can not is incomprehensible. 😕

Reply 7 of 9, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
yawetaG wrote:
konc wrote:

The strange thing is that just a few weeks ago I bought a US electrical outlet via Ebay that was shipped by the GSP, and shipping by First Class small package mail using GSP for the rather large item was around what I expected it to be (20 bucks). Other sellers selling the same item and shipping via GSP had outrageous shipping charges (60-70 bucks for priority mail). So how one seller can offer GSP-shipped items with normal shipping and the others can not is incomprehensible. 😕

I also found such inconsistent shipping cost happen more often with small and light item.

Reply 8 of 9, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I AM SMUGGLING SWISS WATCHES ACROSS THE BORDER!!!

LOOK AT THEM ALL! CAN'T YOU SEE THEM? ARREST ME NOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

😁

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 9 of 9, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keenmaster486 wrote:

I AM SMUGGLING SWISS WATCHES ACROSS THE BORDER!!!

LOOK AT THEM ALL! CAN'T YOU SEE THEM? ARREST ME NOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

😁

It seems Ebay wants to keep you from smuggling Swiss watches to Swiss. 🤣