VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi
which is your best 3DMark and one specific scene moment? Personally my favourite will always be 3DMark2000 cause it was released in some of the best PC years for hardware and gaming imho and I always remember its music.
But one specific moment in 3DMark demos probably is the FireFly of 3Dmark2005. I always liked the nature demos of 2001 and 2003 versions but that one was impressive for music and graphic imho, still is now.
Thank

Reply 1 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

97 (if Final Reality counts) and 2001

The Second Reality callback part for the former, the dragon high detail + notMatrix + nature butterflies for the latter (as well as all the PS2-style texture buffer abuse in the Demo which aren't part of any tests)

Last edited by leileilol on 2017-07-21, 20:51. Edited 1 time in total.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 8, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

97 (if Final Reality counts) and 2001

Final Reality was really good too but was already old when I had the change to try it. 😀
3DMark2001 was great but quiet heavy imho. I liked a lot the Nature demo and its pixel shader water even if the only way to see it with my video card was to run it without pixel shaders. 😁

Reply 4 of 8, by alexsydneynsw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

3DMark2001 Lobby DirectX 8 for me. I was blown away by how pillar debris and bullet shells worked in that demo, also I always wanted to see human beings in 3D demos and that one was the first I experienced that delivered that.

Reply 5 of 8, by agent_x007

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3DMark Time Spy

Fav scenes :
"Mother Nature" 3DMark 03
"Nature" 3DMark 01 SE
"Canyon Flight" 3DMark 05/06
"Graphics Test 2" Time Spy
"New Calico" 3DMark Vantage
"High Temple" 3DMark 11

157143230295.png

Reply 6 of 8, by Standard Def Steve

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3DMark 03 CPU test. I just love those low res airplanes.

Just kidding. My favourite scenes are both from 3DMark06: Firefly Forest and Canyon Flight. I stopped paying attention to 3DMark after Vantage, so my knowledge of 3DMark "scenery" is quite limited.

94 MHz NEC VR4300 | SGI Reality CoPro | 8MB RDRAM | Each game gets its own SSD - nooice!

Reply 7 of 8, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For me the best 3Dmark is 01 as a whole... I really like the performance tweaking there. And best scene is no doubt Canyon Flight in 06, sadly to this day it is still the best looking scene. Vantage, 11, FS, TS... all these are ugly. 🤣

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 8 of 8, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

MadOnion XL-R8R (circa 2000 I believe?). Not an official 3DMark benchmark (more of a demo really), but I believe it was made by the same group? Anyway, love the music, the opening ship scene, the GiTS reference, the Abyss alien... good stuff all around.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards