VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi,

i've been trying to find some place where i can get replacement LED's for my 386. I'm not talking about the LCD display, but just the activity lights for power, turbo and HDD activity.

Not only i can't find them on ebay, i would also like to find them on a variety of colors and shapes. I'm on special need of the small rectangular ones, which only makes the search more difficult. On eBay i can only find those that cone with power switch and reset, and the LED's are round.

Does anyone know where i can get these? I definitely need help from someone with better search skills than mine.

Thanks in advance!!!

Reply 1 of 4, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Not sure were to get the kind you need. But a diy fix would be to put a pice of clear acrylic in its place and put a round led behind it.

Reply 2 of 4, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
carlostex wrote:

On eBay i can only find those that cone with power switch and reset, and the LED's are round.

If shape is not a problem you can always get those and cut the headers/switches they come with. They are dirt cheap anyway, so may be you could give them a try. You can always help them with some glue for example if they don't exactly fit/lock where you want to put them.

Reply 4 of 4, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok thanks everyone!

A "rectangular LED" search on eBay did the job, and i can get a 100 lot including the most common colors. I think i'm gonna use blue for power, amber for turbo and red or green for HDD activity