VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 1000 of 1005, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So, what is currently(?) going on with the prices for the lowly i7 3770K processor ?🤔
...was just a bit surprised while randomly looking at their prices.

Sure, it is the top dog for the LGA1155 socket (and relatively pain free WinXP support), but still.... It is not that much better than say the 2700K ?
Or is it the PCIe 3.0 support that is key ?

Reply 1001 of 1005, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Halo models usually have a bump from last gasp upgraders some decade or so down the line, and pricing was always 90% of the money for the first 90% of the performance and 90% of the money for the last 10% of the performance... on top 2 models of a generation so that plays in. Might be getting a little bit of crossover with "early adopter" retro geeks, by which I mean those who are enthusiastic about a tech before it's mainstream retro spotlight. However, I would expect another dip in the prices in a while before it gets on a shallow, steady upslope. It's kind of the epitome of the dead cat bounce, happens to CPU, ram generations, everything.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1002 of 1005, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, talk about a halo! This one below surely must have reached sainthood by now!
(not to mention I actually want an RTX3090 instead of my GF6800 cards... L.OL)

BFG GF6800 Ultra-funny pricing.jpg
Filename
BFG GF6800 Ultra-funny pricing.jpg
File size
227.96 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1005 of 1005, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kixs wrote on 2024-03-20, 19:55:

Lets just wait first till the auction for RTX3090 ends 😉

Heh, I know I know... just found the whole 'picture' rather funny, so.... 😇
PS: though take note of the 3080 Ti Ultra 🤣, top left, at the bargain basement BiN of a mere £569