Topic actions

Reply 140 of 146, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
clueless1 wrote:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Nope, but that's very close. The game was Microprose's answer to Red Baron, what is it?

Ah, Knights of the Sky. I have that. Very speed-sensitive game. Needs a slow 386 to run well. If I recall, it also has manual-based lookup copy protection. 😠 The graphics aren't as nice as Red Baron, either. How would you compare them, Kreshna?

Wait...

First, the graphics. Well there's no accounting for taste, but I like Knights of the Sky's vivid, vibrant colors much better than Red Baron's brownish hue.

flight-096.png
flight-295.png
flight-302.png
flight-414.png
flight-415.png
flight-417.png
flight-418.png
flight-428.png
flight-429.png
Knights of the Sky vibrant colors.

I also love Knights of the Sky crowded sky compared to Red Baron's empty sky. When playing Knights of the Sky you can sometimes see and hear your comrades dogfighting against enemy fighters. I also like the Railroad Tycoon-esque in-game news.

game-089.png
game-090.png
game-091.png
In-game news.

So yes, Sierra/Dynamix's Red Baron may win in realism department, but when it goes to excitement and immersion, I like Microprose's Knights of the Sky better.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 142 of 146, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Friday: City-wide garage sale thing and fireworks
Saturday: might mow lawns or something, IDK.
Sunday: laundry day

Reason for the lawn mowing is because I'm about to lose my job by mid-July...

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 143 of 146, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjwil1991 wrote:

Reason for the lawn mowing is because I'm about to lose my job by mid-July...

Oh, man, that's a bummer. Hate that you're pushed to it like that.

Reply 144 of 146, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I finally have all my parts in for my socket 775/windows 98 build. I am going to be overclocking and benchmarking the memory and CPU probably all weekend. This board supports both DDR2 and DDR, so I am really curious to see which will perform the best when everything is fine tuned.

I'll also probably take the kids out someplace. I am thinking a trip to the river would be good for all of us. The weather has finally turned where I am at. Been uncharacteristically raining late into spring this year.

Reply 145 of 146, by Ultrax

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sunday, trying to get NT to dual boot, summer has just started. Waiting for my UK friend's summer holiday to begin.

Ultrax
__
Presario 425|DX2-50|8MB|SB V16S|D622/WFW3.11 😎
Deskpro XE 450|DX2-50|32 MB|NT4.0/95
SR2038X|Athlon 64 X2 3800|2G|GT710 WINXP
Dimension 4400|P4 NW 2 GHz|256M|R128U AGP|WINXP
HPMini311|N270|2G|9400M|WINXP
Libretto50CT|P75|16MB|YMF711|WIN95 😎

Reply 146 of 146, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My cousin passed away last Tuesday. She was still young, about the same age as me, but she was suffering from diabetes, and it led to further complications. Suffice to say that her mother, my aunt, didn't take it well, so this Saturday we took her out in an attempt to alleviate her grief. Well, our grief too. Anyway, sitting next to her is my other cousin.

FOTO-KELUARGA-05-with-Auntie-Nonny.jpg
Not a full family reunion, but grief divided is made lighter.

As for myself, I got a very hard wake-up call last week: I was diagnosed with high blood pressure due to overindulgence. I guess it's time to stay away from my favorite high-cholesterol dishes, and start a healthy lifestyle. Meaning no more beef intestines, no more tripe, no more ox brain in curry, no more mutton.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.