VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Kellogg's and Microsoft teamed up in 1997 to provide discounted Microsoft software and hardware products when consumers mailed in proofs of purchase from Kellogg's cereals:

https://news.microsoft.com/1997/10/28/microso … into-breakfast/

A .PDF of the Kellogg's mailer for 3 1/2 inch floppy discs is attached as well as an image of the floppy that they sent. In order to keep the size of the .PDF down, smaller text borders on the illegible. Demand must have been higher than expected since I received a copy of The Best of Microsoft Entertainment Pack instead of the Microsoft Entertainment Pack Volume IV that was advertised. I always wondered what sort of mailer they had for CD-ROMs (if any). Please post if you have one.

Filename
Kelloggs-Microsoft_1997_small.pdf
File size
1.02 MiB
Downloads
36 downloads
File comment
Kellogg's-Microsoft 1997 Promotion Mailer
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Attachments

• 18081400.JPG
    Filename
    18081400.JPG
    File size
    95.85 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    The Best of Microsoft Entertainment Pack Disk from Kellogg's-Microsoft 1997 Promotion
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by AmiSapphire

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Weird. I have that exact floppy disk in the photo; found it buried in Mom's room back in 1999. Thing was abused over time; luckily I made a copy of it before some of the data eventually got corrupted on the disk...

Site update: cwcyrix.duckdns.org -> cwcyrix.nsupdate.info due to the former no longer working.

Reply 2 of 2, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If they only sent "the best of entertainment pack", I'd also expect the CD-ROMs mailed would be the 1996 or early 1997 CD sampler (probably sans Hellbender to make for space for the Microsoft Kids/Microsoft Home part in demos/trailers)

apsosig.png
long live PCem