Why can't I send private messages?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 29, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

15? 25? 42?

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 21 of 29, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can assure you that someone knows

DOSBox Compilation Guides
DosBox Feature Request Thread
PC Game Compatibility List
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Running DRM games offline

Reply 24 of 29, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This whole restriction seems rather silly as you can see from this thread that some of the "newbies" have registered years ago. There might be a particular problem that they have asked and received a PM for and are now unable to answer and otherwise don't post much (which makes sense if they have nothing to contribute to an ongoing discussion).

Reply 25 of 29, by maestro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. There's been some indication that PMs will be used for participating in a custom hardware project on these forums and I would like to participate. Anyone know what the post count is for being allowed to use private messages?

Reply 26 of 29, by mr.cat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know the *exact* post count required, but it's somewhere around XX. So keep on tapping that keyboard, you'll get there 😁

Last edited by DosFreak on 2021-04-26, 18:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 27 of 29, by Woody72

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried to PM a member a link to a photo of my motherboard and a link to the jumper settings for it for his database and the message just sat in my outbox and wouldn't drop into Sent and I'm at 65+ posts 😒.

Modern PC: i7-9700KF, 16GB memory, RTX 3060. Proper PC: Pentium 200 MMX, 128MB EDO memory, GeForce2 MX(200).