VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 342 of 739, by ragefury32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

American bockwursts from upstate New York, some cauliflower mash with cashews, coconut milk and garam masala powder, Japanese mayonnaise blended with du cap bon harissa (not in the photo yet), a New York style chocolate egg cream.

B40C4B66-5C39-4FF7-8F4E-F420BB0A6F77.jpeg
Filename
B40C4B66-5C39-4FF7-8F4E-F420BB0A6F77.jpeg
File size
1.39 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 343 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ragefury32 + gdjacobs:

There is something from Denmark, called "Pølsemiks". Translated "Sausagemix". And it is originally served in a very specific way.

It is whenever the fast food or hotdog sellers have sausages left from the day, they cool them down for the next day. So the secret is to find a place were you can get at least 8 different sausages. Anyways...

The mix is made this way. Slice sausages in thumb wide pieces or something like that. Deep fry it with the french fries in the same basket.

Once done, you salt it like you normally do with the fries, and grab a big handfull of chopped raw onions and place it on top. Then smear it all with curry ketchup. If you do not have any, then just mix some yellow non hot curry with the ketchup.

I like to make it on my own, however I dont have a deep frier, so I am using fries that goes into the oven and roast the sausages hard in a pan.

You can get different versions of this, depending on were in DK you find yourself. Some do not use onions. Some use onions and normal ketchup. However the most bizarre one, is when people smear it with white sour cream dressing or even worse, with wgite garlic soir cream dressing.

You can do it with kebab instead of sausages, however that is served with chopped salad instead of onions and with sour cream dressing instead of the curry ketchup.

I like them both. And eat them home made on regulair ocations. That is 6/8 times a year.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 344 of 739, by ShovelKnight

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is a dish in Russia used to utilise leftover meats as well, but because Russians like their soups, it's a soup (solyanka).

Anyway. Today's breakfast: fresh cottage cheese with blueberries and homemade yogurt and sandwiches with cream cheese and smoked salmon. And a bucket of coffee 😉

Reply 345 of 739, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This whole lock down business has meant some adjustment to our routines of course but it's not all bad - I am enjoying the lunches at home with the family. I've been constructing epic sandwiches out of a sourdough my wife found at a baker at the local market. Today's masterpiece included ham, beetroot, gherkins, egg mayo, lettuce, and cheese. Oh baby I can't wait for tomorrow's lunch 🤣

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 346 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ShovelKnight wrote on 2020-04-30, 08:51:

There is a dish in Russia used to utilise leftover meats as well, but because Russians like their soups, it's a soup (solyanka).

Anyway. Today's breakfast: fresh cottage cheese with blueberries and homemade yogurt and sandwiches with cream cheese and smoked salmon. And a bucket of coffee 😉

Solyanka!!! Like the referance in pickle rick?

Reply 347 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote on 2020-04-30, 09:13:

This whole lock down business has meant some adjustment to our routines of course but it's not all bad - I am enjoying the lunches at home with the family. I've been constructing epic sandwiches out of a sourdough my wife found at a baker at the local market. Today's masterpiece included ham, beetroot, gherkins, egg mayo, lettuce, and cheese. Oh baby I can't wait for tomorrow's lunch 🤣

Uhhh.... Cool... Yup. We get a load of old days, food wise these days. And this experience is kind of healthy for us all. We get quality time with our loved ones. And that is something to reflect back on in the future.

Cut out the cheese, and I am all there... That is like one thing I dont eat. Fermented and otherwise conserved milk. Except for a few things. That is sour cream, and best of all, 38 percent fatt. I eat it on top of stuff like chilli con carne and other strong meat meals. Else I like my milk fresh. To be honest. All I smell in cheese, are a mix of stumac acid and smelly feet. That really prevents me from eating cheese. Like. My whole body just screams, that this is just not ok to put in the mouth. However. I can only speak for my self, and I will happily make food with cheese for people.

Reply 348 of 739, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just had some Three-bean-salad for lunch, along with rolls, jalapeno cheese and a hard boiled egg.

The bean salad is really one of my spring/summer favorites. It's steamed green beans (still crispy) and one can each of chickpeas and those big Italian white beans. Mix everything up with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, juice of a lemon + zest, chives, oregano, parsley, thyme and about 6 anchovis all chopped up. Stir and done.

Reply 349 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I had Chilli, the fast way....

Minced beef and onions. Mixed with taco spice mix, more cumin, more garlic, more black pepper, more koriander.
Then a can of red beans mixed into it, and added some more powdered dried chilli. Added some moist dark sugar,
a small can of concentrated tomato pure. and some salt. Had it with 38% sour cream on top and some flat-bread.

Sorry. No picture. Too hungry to pick up the phone.

Reply 350 of 739, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just made a Mountain Dew Baja blast and voltage shake with lime sherbet ice cream. That was delicious and I also had a chicken quesadilla with rice + red sauce on top and a chalupa from Taco Bell.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 353 of 739, by ragefury32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote on 2020-04-30, 08:35:
Ragefury32 + gdjacobs: […]
Show full quote

Ragefury32 + gdjacobs:

There is something from Denmark, called "Pølsemiks". Translated "Sausagemix". And it is originally served in a very specific way.

It is whenever the fast food or hotdog sellers have sausages left from the day, they cool them down for the next day. So the secret is to find a place were you can get at least 8 different sausages. Anyways...

The mix is made this way. Slice sausages in thumb wide pieces or something like that. Deep fry it with the french fries in the same basket.

Once done, you salt it like you normally do with the fries, and grab a big handfull of chopped raw onions and place it on top. Then smear it all with curry ketchup. If you do not have any, then just mix some yellow non hot curry with the ketchup.

I like to make it on my own, however I dont have a deep frier, so I am using fries that goes into the oven and roast the sausages hard in a pan.

You can get different versions of this, depending on were in DK you find yourself. Some do not use onions. Some use onions and normal ketchup. However the most bizarre one, is when people smear it with white sour cream dressing or even worse, with wgite garlic soir cream dressing.

You can do it with kebab instead of sausages, however that is served with chopped salad instead of onions and with sour cream dressing instead of the curry ketchup.

I like them both. And eat them home made on regulair ocations. That is 6/8 times a year.

Oh yeah, we rock something similar to that in NYC - salchipapas. It's sliced hot dogs and fries, a latin-American street food usually found in stands next to public park soccer fields where you get the Colombians/Ecuadoreans/Peruvians playing futbol. It's delicious when served with "green sauce" and chased down with an iced cold Malta (malted beverage...I think they are called Malzbier in Germany). I am not sure what that "green sauce" contains, but it's like a mixture of mashed avocados, pureed jalapeños and mayonnaise. It's amazingly addictive.

*sigh* It'll be hell just waiting for COVID19 to work its way out of the city, all those wonderful street foods and outdoor culture currently dangling by a thread.

FB_IMG_1588288681272.jpg
Filename
FB_IMG_1588288681272.jpg
File size
80.97 KiB
Views
File comment
Salcipapas
File license
Public domain

Reply 354 of 739, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Holy smokes salchipapas looks good, me wants.

Dinner tonight was 'chicken in pajamas' (AKA chicken parmigiana); home made with 'grandma ham' - I'm assuming that's an AU thing, just posh ham off the bone - and gouda cheese. And for dessert we had a self saucing chocolate pudding - no idea where that recipe came from originally but it's a family favourite. I love cooking, particularly when I'm left alone to do it without "help" from wife or kids.

@brostenen I'm of the opinion that there's a cheese for everybody in this world, there so many variants - maybe you just haven't found yours yet 🤣

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-05-01, 18:05. Edited 1 time in total.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 355 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ragefury32 wrote on 2020-05-01, 06:07:
Oh yeah, we rock something similar to that in NYC - salchipapas. It's sliced hot dogs and fries, a latin-American street food u […]
Show full quote
brostenen wrote on 2020-04-30, 08:35:
Ragefury32 + gdjacobs: […]
Show full quote

Ragefury32 + gdjacobs:

Oh yeah, we rock something similar to that in NYC - salchipapas. It's sliced hot dogs and fries, a latin-American street food usually found in stands next to public park soccer fields where you get the Colombians/Ecuadoreans/Peruvians playing futbol. It's delicious when served with "green sauce" and chased down with an iced cold Malta (malted beverage...I think they are called Malzbier in Germany). I am not sure what that "green sauce" contains, but it's like a mixture of mashed avocados, pureed jalapeños and mayonnaise. It's amazingly addictive.

*sigh* It'll be hell just waiting for COVID19 to work its way out of the city, all those wonderful street foods and outdoor culture currently dangling by a thread.

FB_IMG_1588288681272.jpg

Heh'. I guess the dressing is kind of the thing that shows the culture. Giggle... 😁 That dressing (sauce in America), is kind of so latin in its ways. Like a mix between mexican and tex mex as far as I understand culture. It is the mayo aproach that gives it away. I do not like avocado. Sure I can eat it, I just don't enjoy it. I have never actually read any mexican-styled recepie, however my own guacemole is something a bit like this:

- Mashed avocado, mashed with a fork.
- 38% sour cream.
- Salt and pepper.
- Tiny bit of sugar to balance the sourness.
- Lime juice, squized with the use of a fork.
- Tiny bit of dried powdered red chilli.
- Tiny bit of cumin.

I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to latin inspired food. I just do stuff the way I like it to taste.

This is the Danish version of that fries/sausage thingy:
p%C3%B8lsemix.jpg

Just wondering. How many versions are there in the world?

Reply 356 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote on 2020-05-01, 09:09:

@brostenen I'm of the opinion that there's a cheese for everybody in this world, there so many variants - maybe you just haven't found yours yet 🤣

I get that same physical discompfort, that a deeply religeous muslim get in the body. If that person had eaten pork. So no go for me.
I was curious at some point in time, so I asked a person what he felt, when he did it by mistake.

Just walking by a cheese salesman's shop in the street, makes my stumac turn a couple of times.
It is sad, I know, however there is nothing that are so bad that it is not good for anything.... More cheese for everyone else, right? 😀

Reply 357 of 739, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Let's say your body sends you clear signals to stay away from cheese 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 358 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dominus wrote on 2020-05-01, 09:20:

Let's say your body sends you clear signals to stay away from cheese 😉

Well.... It is just part of that Aspergers syndrome in mild degree, I was born with. (smell sensitive).
I call it "Esben Snare". Better take it with some humor I say, the world seems better that way.

Yet I love cooking for people. And I have no problem touching mild cheese and put it in lasagne.
If people want cheese, I can cook with it. And I am actually thinking about making cheese roll's.

Can you guys give me some input here.... So far I have this on the drawing board:

- Jalapenos, chopped. (those salt pickeled ones you use for taco's)
- Cream cheese.
- Some cocoa powder, not sure how much.
- Some kind of low fat bread thing to roll it in.
- Perhaps go vegetarian, perhaps go with something like roasted chicken.

What do you guys say?

Reply 359 of 739, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ragefury32 wrote on 2020-05-01, 06:07:

FB_IMG_1588288681272.jpg

Oh my God! I'm imagining the flavour.

Could you do the same thing with chorizo?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder