Reply 22 of 123, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
luckybob wrote:
torindkflt wrote:
novasilisko wrote:

This is like seeing those commercials of sad neglected puppies for me.

♫ In the aaaaarrrrrms of an angel... ♫ 🤣

But seriously, good find! I wish Texas wasn't so far away, I'd love some of that gear!

I've driven farther. Denver to Houston (ish) is easy. Last road trip I took was 2000miles round trip for some rare Pentium Pro machines.

Ofcourse I know about the Pentium Pro haul story. But 2000 miles!? That's some retro dedication! I would not even drive 2000 miles for a big box of free v5 6k's 😎
Nope....there's is absolutely zero stuff I can think of that can make me drive THAT far.

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 23 of 123, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I get all shaky when I see pictures like that.

I've had some opportunities to fill my entire car with stuff, but never anything like this. I'm honestly glad I haven't had any hauls this large present themselves. I'm sure it would cost me more sleep, stress and lost family time than I'd ever gain by fixing and selling old stuff. This is a great hobby, but it can easily get out of hand... having potentially tens of thousands of dollars worth of old gear fall into your lap would make it quite hard to reign in.

For your sake, I'm glad this stuff is actually owned by someone else. That way you can enjoy the experience and the thrill of the treasure hunt but it isn't your horde to have to live with for the next 20 years.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 24 of 123, by Merovign

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
liqmat wrote:

About a year to take inventory and another 50 to test it all. 🤣 It's amazing people are still finding stashes like this. Hopefully it can all be saved. Look forward to hearing more about this.

Dibs.

I call dibs.

Dibs.

edit: I just noticed no one had invoked the 1982 International Dibs Protocol so I thought I'd jump in. It's only binding if the haul territory is a signatory.

😁

*Too* *many* *things*!

Reply 26 of 123, by novasilisko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Merovign wrote:
Dibs. […]
Show full quote
liqmat wrote:

About a year to take inventory and another 50 to test it all. 🤣 It's amazing people are still finding stashes like this. Hopefully it can all be saved. Look forward to hearing more about this.

Dibs.

I call dibs.

Dibs.

edit: I just noticed no one had invoked the 1982 International Dibs Protocol so I thought I'd jump in. It's only binding if the haul territory is a signatory.

😁

Dangit, how could I forget about the '82 IDP?

Phoenix / The Disasterpiece
Processor: Am386DX-40 | Memory: 20 MB | Graphics: Trident TVGA9000B | Sound: TBD | Era: No

Reply 28 of 123, by dkarguth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If I get the job, I'll see if I can give you guys a decent deal on some old hardware. I'll definitely try to start a thread somewhere that I can post the links to the ebay ads as I get stuff posted.

"And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." -Red Green

Reply 32 of 123, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dkarguth wrote:

(I'm an unemployed college student so I have ridiculous amounts of free time)

I couldn't help but wonder, what type of courses are you taking in college in which you have so much free time? I recall never much free time.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 33 of 123, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had a decent amount of free time but used a lot of it to work on schoolwork outside of class.

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 34 of 123, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

In college, you can fill every single moment of free time with something class-related if you want to. This is how you get good grades.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 38 of 123, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Merovign wrote:
Dibs. […]
Show full quote
liqmat wrote:

Dibs.

I call dibs.

Dibs.

😁

Brother, all you. There's a few of us who know right where this is thanks to a mystery Vogons member (not the OP), but I'm out on this one. Out of respect to the OP, I wont say in this thread where it is. I'll leave that to him. I still have too much to deal with from my last acquisition. All I see is a warehouse of burden. Let someone else deal with it. It all needs to be saved and put into the collector/preservationist circuit, that's a fact. I wish the OP the best of luck and I hope he fully enjoys browsing through it all. That's the fun part for sure.

luckybob wrote:

I know if I had the money, I'd buy it all.

I am convinced if you stuff anymore into that garage of yours a singularity will form. At that point you might be competition for these guys:

https://home.cern/science/accelerators/future … rcular-collider

Reply 39 of 123, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If the owner is looking to make sales - and if his prices are below typical eBay askings - he might find a buyer for some things in the Media Archaeology Lab at the University of Colorado. I'm volunteering there currently. Basically it's a museum of old computers and other technology, with everything set up and working so people can come in and use them. You might drop them a line with the inventory - or you might drop me a line with the inventory, just saying - and see if they could use any of the parts or machines.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.