VOGONS

Common searches

Re: Thanks for the ride

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by StSam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I share your sentiment as I stopped frequenting the forum while being a daily visitor before.
For me the breaking point was the removal of eBay deals thread. While it was not devoid of
drama, the complete removal of it was a mistake. It was a place to ask a question about
some hardware or fair price for it, an advice or explanation.

I have a feeling that the main reason for its closure was some individuals' desire not to disclose
current eBay deals to others so that (delusionally) they, and only they could score great deals.

Yes, perhaps someone advertised their own auctions via proxy, yes perhaps some people used the
thread to set their prices. Probably some unscrupulous scalpers took advantage of the info as well.

So, what? It used to be a community area to go to every day, exchange some info or deals.
Now all I do is visit Free Games list once a week to claim yet another game I will never play.

P.S. No need to delete your account though. No benefit in doing so and no harm in keeping it.

Edit by Dominus: Split this off topic banter from the original thread Thanks for the ride

Memento e-Sinu filo!

Reply 1 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Congrats for complaining about your issue in a way different thread.
I can assure you though, that the reasons stated by Qbix are the real reason. There was never a hidden agenda. Without that thread we have had less drama. And no drama no cry

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 11, by StSam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you. Not every day one sees a Mod stoop down to borderline personal attacks.

Original poster mentioned leaving and stated his feelings. Since, I have "semi-left" the forum myself, I felt
like sharing my own sentiments.

Please, forgive me that you don't share them. I am sorry I dared to express my opinion, I'll keep lurking, if that.

P.S. No people - no problems (drama). J. Stalin

Memento e-Sinu filo!

Reply 3 of 11, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dominus wrote:

Congrats for complaining about your issue in a way different thread.
I can assure you though, that the reasons stated by Qbix are the real reason. There was never a hidden agenda. Without that thread we have had less drama. And no drama no cry

Dude.... WTF are you talking about? I stated my reasons clearly and with reason. So don't pull anything like that down on me. To cap it more clearly for you: I do not feel that I have the time to be on Vogons as much as I used to, and I am more active on other places. And because of that, I feel it is better to leave the forum than to stick around. So don't pull that "Everyone-that-leaves-are-nothing-but-crybabies-crap" down onto me. I stated my reasons. Take it or look the other way.

Do you want people to just leave without giving any heads up? Or do you want people to leave in a decent way? I think that I shall at least be decent and give a heads up notice to other people. So that we can say good bye in a decent and respectfull way.

And yes... I have seen drama here before, and I refuse to get tangeled in a drama, that are a drama over a non excisting drama, that you for some reason percieve to be a drama. And yet there are no drama. Well.... I get angry when someone acuse me of something that are not there.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 5 of 11, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Qbix wrote:

Dominus was referring to a post of StSam, not of you, brostenen.

Ahhh.... Now, without him quoting what post that he was answering, I took it as a message to me as the OP.
I know that I have had issues and discussions that have been heated here on Vogons before.
And as I do not hold any grutch towards anyone in the long run, then I can not remember any of the issues I have been tangeled up in.

And reading his post, not quoting anyone, I simply took it as the message was for me personally.
Sorry for starting something that was not there. I appologise.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 6 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

All good 😉
Usually when I'm posting directly "beneath" I don't quote, but I should at least stick to mentioning the user with a @username:

Edit: split the even further OT reply by RobertMo to its own thread at Senseless OT, was "Thanks for the ride"

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
StSam wrote:
Thank you. Not every day one sees a Mod stoop down to borderline personal attacks. […]
Show full quote

Thank you. Not every day one sees a Mod stoop down to borderline personal attacks.

Original poster mentioned leaving and stated his feelings. Since, I have "semi-left" the forum myself, I felt
like sharing my own sentiments.

Please, forgive me that you don't share them. I am sorry I dared to express my opinion, I'll keep lurking, if that.

P.S. No people - no problems (drama). J. Stalin

I was calling you out for straying off topic. Mentioning the why would have been fine but beating a dead horse and doing that with tinfoilhat accusations was an OT flame bait that needed responding to. And thanks for being a prime example for why it was a good idea to close the ebay thread.

Reply 8 of 11, by StSam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I understand the need for regulation and respect the power of moderators.

However, your exibition is a prime example of moderator power abuse.

Dominus wrote:

I was calling you out for straying off topic.

Milliways
Announcements, advice, random banter, unrelated discussion, et cetera.

In my original post I didn't personally attack any member, didn't insult anyone, didn't rouse anyone or anything.
I only expressed my sentiments about visiting the forum less frequently. It was my first time doing so.

In order not to derail this topic any further I will refrain from any further conversation.
Dominus, your goal is achieved: an individual, a member of a community has been gagged.

Memento e-Sinu filo!

Reply 9 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Just for future reference, even though Milliways is about everything, it doesn't mean that you can do with topics as you please.
If you feel I or any other mod abuse our power, please take it up with Qbix, our admin.

Reply 10 of 11, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I never thought, that someone would be butthurted about closure of eBay "nonstop drama" thread even one and a half year later...

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98