$_12.jpg
Filename
$_12.jpg
File size
35.14 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

There are a ton of these for sale on ebay, but I've been screwed both times I've tried to buy one! My first attempt was from seller ijesvp4599. The card they sent me was both DOA and not even the correct card. At least I was able to get a partial refund. My second attempt was from seller ralliart401. They never shipped anything and sent a rather rude reply when I asked about shipping status. I am attempting to get a refund.

Has anyone (successfully) bought one on ebay (or amazon) and have a seller they can recommend?

AMD386/IIT387DX40, 32MB, ATi Mach64, AWE64
Compaq Prolinea 4/33, 32MB, Tseng ET4000, SB16
AMD X5, 64MB, S3 Virge/Voodoo1, AWE64
AMD K62+550, 256MB, Voodoo3, AWE64 Gold
P3 1.2Ghz, 512MB, Radeon 7500/Voodoo2 SLI, SB Live!

Reply 1 of 10, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've never bothered with eBay when you can usually find the same thing straight from AliExpress or other Chinese marketplace. Bought mine from Ali years ago and it works just fine.

Reply 2 of 10, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I bought the exact same card locally and it works.. Not of help to you I know, but still..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 3 of 10, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I ordered some in 2017 on eBay (without the extra display). Got them without incident. Seller was modul_technik https://www.ebay.de/itm/272657453097

1982 to 2001

Reply 4 of 10, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just ordered one of those on Amazon for $9 last month. It arrived without issue with 2 days shipping time. Seller on Amazon was "Optimal Shop".

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 5 of 10, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I bough one a few months back. I don’t remember if I bought it from eBay or amazon.
But it was only about $9 and it came with a manual.
These are very useful for trouble shooting a ISA motherboard.

Reply 6 of 10, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did those seller's feedback rating give no indication of how shady they are? I normally go by that... or at least used to, when I used to buy more frequently on ebay.

When feedback ratings are good, I also prefer to buy from smaller sellers (say, total scores in the hundreds) than from huge ones in the hundreds of thousands. The latter handle such volumes of sales that they often can't reliably find out what's going on with particular item X. They wouldn't lose sleep over a single negative rating either.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 7 of 10, by canthearu

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought one off ebay from seller colortop9.

It arrived and worked, but that sellers feedback level wasn't really that great. Cost less than $10 shipped from china, so wasn't a huge risk in any case.

Reply 9 of 10, by ultimate386

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
wiretap wrote:

I just ordered one of those on Amazon for $9 last month. It arrived without issue with 2 days shipping time. Seller on Amazon was "Optimal Shop".

Bought one from said seller. They sent the correct one and it works! Thank you for the referral.

AMD386/IIT387DX40, 32MB, ATi Mach64, AWE64
Compaq Prolinea 4/33, 32MB, Tseng ET4000, SB16
AMD X5, 64MB, S3 Virge/Voodoo1, AWE64
AMD K62+550, 256MB, Voodoo3, AWE64 Gold
P3 1.2Ghz, 512MB, Radeon 7500/Voodoo2 SLI, SB Live!