VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just noticed it mysteriously showing up as blank on my end, did something break somewhere on the site? Anybody else noticing this?

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 2 of 5, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well linking it as a image here works but it's not displaying at all in the tab, I'm not sure what's happening here.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 3 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm using Raspbian on the Pi and the icon is still there, on the tabs.

Maybe it is missing in the URL bar, though. for security reasons.-
Maybe you just noticed now, because you were previously using vintage systems to browse the web ? 😉

If memory serves, years ago, favicons in the URL address bar were replaced by a safe/unsafe lock icon,
so users could see if the website was safe.

Attachments

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 5 of 5, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VileRancour wrote:

OP was referring to the tab, so in that case it's probably a local issue with the browser's icon cache.

Yeah, it's missing entirely in the tab. And this isn't happening to any other site, just this one.

missingfaviconintab.png
Filename
missingfaviconintab.png
File size
23.92 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

___
EDIT: Okay, I'm not sure what changed but now it's displaying properly in the tab again rather than just a blank space.

I really should jump ship from Firefox already, but nearly every browser these days is a bloated buggy mess. And I don't know much that offer the same kind of blacklist/whitelist feature as NoScript does. Or browsers that let me disable the IFRAME element entirely.

― Κυνικός Δράκων