VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jenetrix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm running into some issues trying to playback the audio files from the game Metaltech Battledrome.

They seem to be HMP format, and have the accompanying melodic.bnk and drum.bnk however I cannot get them to playback correctly on any tools Ive been able to find.
I can playback the .HMP files themselves in Foobar2000 using Foo_MIDI, however the plugin doesn't seem to load the accompanying soundbank files.
AdlMIDI (standalone or in Foo_MIDI) doesn't have an existing preset for Battledrome, and doesn't have a way to load the soundbank files either.
I tried converting the .HMP files to MIDI using Foo_MIDI, and try converting the soundbank to something more usable like .WOPL (using OPL3BankEditor) but the drum tracks don't play correctly in PGE Mus Play.
The audio files also seem to be playing at 2x the speed they do in-game for some reason regardless of the tool used. (might just need to edit the tempo of the file slower somehow??)

Is there a tool that exists that can playback HMP tracks (or MIDI converted) with either an imported, or correctly converted soundbank?

Reply 1 of 1, by Jenetrix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In case someone wants to take a crack at it: here's a copy of the soundbanks, one of the tracks (title.hmp), and a midi conversion of that same track playing at the correct speed.

Attachments

• Filename
    BD.zip
    File size
    19.43 KiB
    Downloads
    28 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception