VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's about the only fucking place on the entire interweebs where I can come and NOT see news about the wuhan flu. Even tech websites are flooded with articles about corona this corona that.

Let's keep it that way 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's best not to downplay how much of a issue coronavirus is but yes I do like that vogons isn't a place for drama. It does take alot of effort to keep it that way though.

I use the Old Reader for about 400+ RSS feeds which are all tech related and the BS for whatever the reactionary crap is for the day does spill over onto those as well. I don't use any social media except for the dosbox irc chan (Haven't frequented in quite awhile) , vogons and other forums.

Next goals are to switch back to firefox as the primary browser and update/install plugins for adblocking and security, go through my RSS feeds and remove the sites that cater to emotion for clicks, and force myself to do all web browsing from a dedicated VM instead of generic VM I use for other things as well.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 2, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You may need to install an older build of Firefox as the later ones no longer support RSS feeds, I believe. Pale Moon does, though.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers