VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Holy fuck am I pissed off.

Aside from the fucking 1-year new version cycle with NO SIGNIFICANT UPDATES IN BETWEEN NEW MAJOR REVISIONS, and the fact that my support has "Expired" (even though the support I received has consisted entirely of "oh, wait to see if that's fixed in Trillian 3"), THE TWO GODDAMN THINGS I ASKED TO BE CHANGED WERE NOT.

Change #1: Fix the message style problems. Specifically, USE THE FONT FACE THAT AN INCOMING MESSAGE SPECIFIES and FIX THE STYLE FLIPPING (You cannot see if someone sends you a styled message if your font is styled (bold, italic, underline) because it assumes that the incoming style is already false and sets it to true, when it already is actually true, instead of CORRECTLY FLIPPING it to the opposite (false).)
Change #2: Logs in rich-text format to keep styling intact.

HOW MANY OF THESE 2 CHANGES DID I GET, PEOPLE?

Z E R O ! NONE! NADA!

The person whom I talked to in "Pro Support" told me that they were "holding onto" my original ticket (which I submitted over 1/2 year ago) and would alert me when the public beta was available. Well, guess what, I never got an email. I learned that Trillian 3.0 was released through SLASHDOT. Fucking Slashdot, the slowest goddamn news site on the planet.

BUT, you know what they DID change? Here's a list:
#1. It does not respect all of your old settings and resets quite a few of them.
#2. It has set, by default, to AUTOMATICALLY SORT YOUR CONTACTS. This means that the first time you turn it on the motherfucker REARRANGES YOUR LISTS. So if you've got everything in a careful order so that you can find someone on your list by muscle memory, well, you get to turn off that option and spend some hard time reorganizing your shit!
#3. It no longer has an option to change the size of new default windows.
#4. It no longer has an option to specify different styles depending on the service you're sending through.
#5. Their website is redesigned. AGAIN.
#6. All of the icons, and the skin, and the splash screen, are redesigned. AGAIN.
#7. There's a built-in LOG VIEWER for you fucktards that are too stupid to be able to read a plaintext file and figure out dates.

People complain that there are illegal copies of Trillian Pro floating around.
You know what I say?
FUCKING GOOD! They DO NOT deserve money to shit on their fucking paying customers like this. And to think I got my original subscription for FREE by donating to them when they still had some fucking morals, and RENEWED it because they promised that NO REALLY, THIS TIME WE'RE GOING TO LISTEN AND KEEP YOU UPDATED DURING THE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE. What a bunch of bullshit.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah but that was before this 3.0 version was released.

They probably didn't contact him because they're lazy liars, but I like to think that it's because they know the awesomeness of Snover's wrath and were afraid to inform him that they broke their word 😉

Reply 5 of 9, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I sent another email to Pro Support and never received a confirmation that the email ever got there. (Their support app usually sends an auto-response.) Probably, since my Pro Support has 'expired', I am no longer allowed to communicate with them, even though that support ticket is from WELL before my support expired.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 8 of 9, by ChaosFish

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I like Trillian 3.
I think the feeling is much better, and we have meta-contacts now!

Although it's a shame they still don't have a right-to-left option.