VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi Folks,

Used to use paypal a lot in the noughties, then last 5 years or so hardly at all because it keeps doing things I can't figure out. It used to be that you could switch primary funding source at will, take from either your bank or credit card. Now, I don't know what the hell is going on. For any payment it seems essentially random whether it hits up your card or bank no matter what you've got it set to. Duelling with support just gets me the canned help file pastes, where it says the opposite of what is happening is what happens. Can't seem to break out of first tier and get to a person that knows something other than cut and paste.

So anyway, does anyone know what the deal is with this? Is there a 24 hour hold when you change your primary funding source or something?

It cost me a crap ton of fees one time when I was 3000% certain I had prime funding source set to credit card and they hit my bank for it first. All I got from support was "The credit card is a backup, we will try to take it from your bank account first." wat? When I've got it set to credit card??? After that I thought, well then I'll make sure only to ever use it when I've got the money in the connected bank account... annnnd it came off the freaking card next time.

Am I going to have to delete my account details of both types and re-enter only the ones I want for each transaction to get them to do what I want or what?

I KNOW it should be paypal support answering this, but they're all "we don't do that, we do this" IT'S NOT DOING THAT, WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK I'M COMPLAINING??? then I get the same freaking paste again.

Yes, I've been doing everything I can for the last few years to avoid using paypal at all, but seems there's some things I want to get where there's no alternatives.

Thanks for any hints about how to navigate the stupidity...

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1 of 2, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You need to call PayPal. The online help is useless.

I will say I've never had an issue like this though.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 2, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

In the old days, you had to manually select 'credit card' with each purchase or else it would hit your bank account, and if the account was empty you would get an overdraft fine from the bank. This happened to me a couple of times. It wasn't random though. I wound up removing my bank account from the Paypal account. (Of course, that's no good if you're using the PP account to receive money.)

Is this too much voodoo?