VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Since the forum update (which is great), one frustration I do have with it is finding your own previous posts.
In the top-right, select 'Your posts'. This takes you to the 'Your posts' page.
However, unlike the previous forum version, the only option to view the results is by forum topic.
The only options you have to interact with these results is to either click the topic title, view the first unread post (which, obviously, does not take you to your post), view the topic moderator's profile or view the forum category where the topic resides.
Clicking any of these (including the topic title) will *not* take you directly to your previous post within that topic, or any of your posts for that matter.
This might not be such an issue on a topic that has only 1 or 2 pages, but when it is a topic that is almost 1000 pages, and probably fills 1 or 2 pages per day, it's going to be quite challenging to find your post.

Am I missing something? Does a feature for this exist, or is this something that has regressed since the forum revamp?

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
:Intel P1 MMX 200MHz
:64MB EDO
:DOS 6.22/Win95b
:Matrox Millenium II + m3D (PowerVR PCX2)
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee
:AMD AthlonXP 2700+
:512MB DDR
:Win98SE/2000 SP4
:3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Reply 1 of 3, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

is this more what you're looking for ?
search.php?author_id=5541&sr=posts ?
you can get to it by clicking on the total messages number that you can see next to each message you write, or go to your profile and click on the looking glass icon.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 2 of 3, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh wow! That post number in each message is a link? :facepalm. I never realised as it doesn't immediately look like something you can interact with.
Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks @weedeewee. It's strange the post number and the 'Your posts' button have such different functionality. Thanks again for pointing that one out.

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
:Intel P1 MMX 200MHz
:64MB EDO
:DOS 6.22/Win95b
:Matrox Millenium II + m3D (PowerVR PCX2)
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee
:AMD AthlonXP 2700+
:512MB DDR
:Win98SE/2000 SP4
:3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP