VOGONS

Common searches

Moderator violating Community Standards

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 60 of 84, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Suddenly, I hope I have never pushed people out of the scenes, unless the human being was either LGBT phobic or racist. I have edited quite a few posts. During the years, because I felt it was not fun reading some of my ramblings. But at the same time, I stand by the posts I have written. I will not deny those posts. But five years ago, I lost my mother. And I began cleaning up a lot, heck I even apologised to a few here and there. My core values are still the same. So am I a punk or a hippie ? Why not both ? I still like to curse, and swear. But I just prefer getting my message through without too much bollocks thrown into the mix. I think VOGONS fucking rocks ! Even if I have gotten into the "face" of some moderators. But hell, I am not always easy either 😀 And if I get the chance of being a part of a project, where I can upload drivers and what not to a future site, I will do it.

Reply 61 of 84, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Pada crowd (LGBTCDFG communitty) can be more vile than us straights for goodness sake. As for racist I wont comment because I know the oversensitive types are going to cry poor things.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 62 of 84, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SarahWalker wrote on 2021-06-15, 21:10:
Shreddoc wrote on 2021-06-15, 20:43:

I don't know if it's because of this drama/critic

I have literally no idea who kjliew is.

Glad to hear it. Should probably keep it that way.

--

Welp, "fun" as it's been to engage with somebody's random publicly-aired trivial grievance, I'll leave ya's to it.

With the final word "all things in moderation". 🤣

Reply 63 of 84, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-06-15, 21:20:

The Pada crowd (LGBTCDFG communitty) can be more vile than us straights for goodness sake. As for racist I wont comment because I know the oversensitive types are going to cry poor things.

Let's not wage a culture war. Twitter exists. Sarah said she was harassed that is all that matters.

Reply 64 of 84, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mothergoose729 wrote on 2021-06-15, 21:23:

Let's not wage a culture war. Twitter exists. Sarah said she was harassed that is all that matters.

I'm not. Just telling it how it is. And for record I never bought the topic up in the first place btw.

Our street had to put up with drug dealers, P addicts, property thieves and vehicle thieves for the last last three years. They even tried to intimidate me a 60 year old bloke FFS. I turned that incident around fairly quickly 😉

They ain't very bright and need a hug on a regular basis....

Last edited by Caluser2000 on 2021-06-15, 21:43. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 65 of 84, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
xcomcmdr wrote on 2021-06-15, 20:31:
kjliew wrote:

So how could the author of PCem be upset about performance comparison for the design decision that she had committed for her project?

Hint: She never was.

That's great and I am happy about that. However, the Moderator seemed to think otherwise.
So was her mad at someone said "... QEMU with virtualization offers the performance that PCem can only dream of ..."?
I am glad that she is here. I would gladly listen to her opinions.
We have never met and we do not know each other outside of our enthusiasm in PC emulation. I do not fork PCem, too. I have nothing against her in person and I had never for once embarked on personal attacks or harassments.

Reply 66 of 84, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mothergoose729 wrote on 2021-06-15, 21:23:

Correct, if anyone follows down that rabbit hole you know how it ends.

Discussion has been surprisingly civil so far in such a delicate thread. I know some of you are questioning why we allow such a thread to stay open, but my personal opinion is that sometimes it's just better to bring it into the open and then be done with it.

EDIT: Posts after this warning further going into off-topic discussion on the subject mentioned above have been removed.

Last edited by vetz on 2021-06-15, 23:43. Edited 1 time in total.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 67 of 84, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Bruninho wrote on 2021-06-15, 18:18:

Yes, his solution for 3Dfx on QEMU are very good, amazing, but is far from being a complete product for everyone to use, like DOSBox, PCem. You can't expect everyone to be able to compile from scratch just to play Need For Speed II SE with 3Dfx. His solution being superior also does not give him the right to bash other solutions or keep bragging about how good his solution is. Just let it (the product) speak by itself, release it as a binary for everyone and let the product do the talking for you. You do not need to talk trash about other solutions.

Again, thanks for the complement.

No. I didn't expect everyone to be able to compile from scratch. If you hadn't got the chance to read the very 1st post when I announced the project, then it was my fault. I was so excited about getting WHPX/KVM acceleration working and I rewrote the entire 1st post, overwriting such important details of my project decision. If the thread was unlocked, then I could put it back. I have always elected a source only distribution right at the beginning. And I knew compiling QEMU would not be easy especially with the state of MSYS2/mingw-w64 at the time of project inception. I said it out if anyone wanted to try it, one had to compile from source. I do not frown on anyone who thought he would like to do it for everyone. This was exactly the same analogy as DOSBox ECE, DOSBox-X and DOSBox-staging, a community sprouted custom build. I only provided guidance when the mistakes were obvious. I didn't like to speculate when I didn't think such mistake could ever have been possible or I really did not know the answer as I did not encounter them. You could complain that I forced every latecomers to read the entire posts to find the answers, well then so be it. I am not the nice folk that would patiently address the same build problem over and over again. Frankly, there are tons of QEMU guides over the internet, just Google up, apply some common sense, use trustworthy sources (QEMU has been shipping in all Linux flavors), check the date of the guide when it was written (QEMU has been around for more than 10 years), do not expect everything to be correct down the the letters and they will likely work out nicely.

So now there is a 2nd option with small monetary incentive through donation to support my project. Or you would rather prefer to have no options at all, hoping someone else would be so nice to step in and do it for everyone. Which laws or licenses demand that the author had to provide the binary distribution before he could demonstrate his project to the public or make comparisons with similar projects in the same league of application or must guarantee the public to recreate what he did? No, it is a GPL'ed project and to be fully compliant only the source code is required. If in your perception, without releasing binary for everyone and no one can validate the project's claims, then everything was just trash talk. That's fine, just don't believe it. Those who know how to validate the project's claims will be able to do it. It is not my obligation to make sure it happened. Hey, this is just my hobbyist project. Wanna try it? Go ahead. Can one have questions? Sure, but it is my courtesy to answer or my choice to remain silence.

OP could just do what he was asked to by our colleagues here: provide data, benchmarks, constructive criticism about the emulators instead of bashing them. Then I would totally see no problem in his arguments towards PCem because he would have a point, a constructive debate, instead of insults.

Constant nagging and demand for binary release do not constitute constructive criticism. The Moderator also accused my posts of bashing PCem or seemed to his delusions as PCem insults. He even brought in elements of flattering that I had the power to give bad impression to PCem. I am sorry I am just mere mortal. In response, I said "anyone who use PCem for their purposes shouldn't be annoyed by mere truth." Do you agree? Tell me which is lesser evil, Telling the truth or making up delusions? You like UTM, a nice GUI frontend for QEMU, that is your choice. It does not imply that I have to work with them or they have to work with me. It is my choice or theirs.

Reply 68 of 84, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kjliew wrote on 2021-06-15, 23:41:

I have always elected a source only distribution right at the beginning. And I knew compiling QEMU would not be easy especially with the state of MSYS2/mingw-w64 at the time of project inception. I said it out if anyone wanted to try it, one had to compile from source. I do not frown on anyone who thought he would like to do it for everyone.

So to be clear you are open to a public, binary release so long as you don't have to manage it?

Reply 69 of 84, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mothergoose729 wrote on 2021-06-15, 23:56:

I have always elected a source only distribution right at the beginning. And I knew compiling QEMU would not be easy especially with the state of MSYS2/mingw-w64 at the time of project inception. I said it out if anyone wanted to try it, one had to compile from source. I do not frown on anyone who thought he would like to do it for everyone.

So to be clear you are open to a public, binary release so long as you don't have to manage it?

Surely that is a question that should be done via pm?

It is not relevant to this particular thread either.

Reply 70 of 84, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mothergoose729 wrote on 2021-06-15, 23:56:

Basically, I don't care. You can take it as, Yes. The GPL license grants anyone the freedom to do anything with the source code, so long as source code is provided. Whoever provides binaries answers the call of the recipient's source code request in compliant with GPL.

Reply 71 of 84, by Byrd

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Came in here looking for some good sauce, but it's a member going on about a trivial matter that nobody cares about. Step away from the keyboard dude. At the end of the day, does it matter and aren't there more important things going on in the world to worry about right now?

This site is well run considering it probably has the broadest reach of any forum I access. It's a pretty harmonious environment of people from all over the world with different cultures and identities using Vogons.

But when a few nerds have a gripe ... /facepalm

Reply 72 of 84, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Byrd wrote on 2021-06-16, 02:09:

Came in here looking for some good sauce, but it's a member going on about a trivial matter that nobody cares about. Step away from the keyboard dude. At the end of the day, does it matter and aren't there more important things going on in the world to worry about right now?

This site is well run considering it probably has the broadest reach of any forum I access. It's a pretty harmonious environment of people from all over the world with different cultures and identities using Vogons.

But when a few nerds have a gripe ... /facepalm

You can get sauce from your local super market dude..

Reply 73 of 84, by Byrd

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-06-16, 04:03:

You can get sauce from your local super market dude..

That would be a figure of speech as in "something saucy", but alas ...

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-06-16, 15:41. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 74 of 84, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I do think the OP would have been better to:
1..Sort his problem out in private with mods
2..STOP turning every thread into a qemu fest (even this one)
3..STOP bringing up pcem in his threads when its obviously a decent platform for many people
4..STOP being an attention seeker
5..Grow up.

Sorry to be blunt but adults dont act like this

Everybody has their faults but when i read comments like PCem's speed slagged off in such an immature way followed by the word 🤣 then it immediately reminds me of immaturity.

Vogons is and will always be a great place but sometimes you should take a long hard look at yourself and more importantly THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS before spouting bile against other authors' work

That is all

Reply 75 of 84, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Bladeforce wrote on 2021-06-16, 08:45:
I do think the OP would have been better to: 1..Sort his problem out in private with mods 2..STOP turning every thread into a qe […]
Show full quote

3..STOP bringing up pcem in his threads when its obviously a decent platform for many people
5..Grow up.

Sorry to be blunt but adults dont act like this

Everybody has their faults but when i read comments like PCem's speed slagged off in such an immature way followed by the word 🤣 then it immediately reminds me of immaturity.

Vogons is and will always be a great place but sometimes you should take a long hard look at yourself and more importantly THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS before spouting bile against other authors' work

That is all

Aaaah yes in real life they do son...and even killed.

Last edited by Caluser2000 on 2021-06-16, 18:39. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 76 of 84, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Bladeforce wrote on 2021-06-16, 08:45:
I do think the OP would have been better to: 1..Sort his problem out in private with mods 2..STOP turning every thread into a qe […]
Show full quote

5..Grow up.

Very well, I will consider some of your suggestion.
What a wonderful world that we all live in, if all press & YouTube reviewers would just say how great the Apple M1 was without comparison.
Being the target of competition itself is a sign of honor. Reaction to winning or losing reflects one's maturity.
If one enjoys the cheers being in the spotlight of the stage, then one should also anticipate the peace when the show ends.

Reply 77 of 84, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vetz wrote on 2021-06-15, 14:10:

Just want to add here that we are aware of this thread and it's being discussed in the mod section.

So I will just skip sending private message to with the link to the post to all moderators.

I will also give up rewriting the deleted posts from my memory. I think the essence of the deleted posts had been inevitably included in my replies.
For those who do not know the Moderator identity, Great! Let's keep it that way. Don't even try to ask.
I would like to wrap up the thread and call the case closed.

Thank YOU, all VOGONS moderators!

Reply 78 of 84, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What the hell is going on here? I'm not taking sides, but....

kjliew wrote on 2021-06-14, 23:35:
This is a Complaint. […]
Show full quote

This is a Complaint.

I seek unbiased 3rd-party arbitration in Moderator abusing of power in violation of the forums published Community Standards.
The moderator:

• ** DO NOT respect differing viewpoints and experiences.
  • ** Conspiracy theorise and bluntly acted on his own make-up delusions.
  1. What did exactly the said moderator do?
  2. What "community standards" has the moderator violated? Who made the standards? Why haven't I ever heard about such standards before?
  3. What differing viewpoints and experiences the moderator has disrespected?
  4. What conspiracy theories has the moderator formulated?

See, vague accusation like this is unfair, annoying, and borderline slanderous. If you want to accuse someone, moderator or no moderator, then be specific, preferably with examples. It is much fairer for the accused. How can the accused defend themselves when the accusations are vague and unclear?

kjliew wrote on 2021-06-14, 23:35:

If he owns these forums, then I am totally speechless of his blunt obstruction of information free flow. Otherwise, his role as moderator must be scrutinized to uphold truth and justice.

If he owns this forum, then you're fucked. Joining and posting on a forum is not a right; it is a privilege granted by the forum's owner.

WolverineDK wrote on 2021-06-15, 21:13:

Suddenly, I hope I have never pushed people out of the scenes, unless the human being was either LGBT phobic or racist. I have edited quite a few posts. During the years, because I felt it was not fun reading some of my ramblings. But at the same time, I stand by the posts I have written. I will not deny those posts. But five years ago, I lost my mother. And I began cleaning up a lot, heck I even apologised to a few here and there. My core values are still the same. So am I a punk or a hippie ? Why not both ? I still like to curse, and swear. But I just prefer getting my message through without too much bollocks thrown into the mix. I think VOGONS fucking rocks ! Even if I have gotten into the "face" of some moderators. But hell, I am not always easy either 😀 And if I get the chance of being a part of a project, where I can upload drivers and what not to a future site, I will do it.

Hey, how are you doing, buddy? Long time no see. 😃

From my personal experience, the moderation here is hard but very fair, I have experienced this in some occasions. They are fair and they generally give the chance to explain or justify your case.

😆 Hard? Hard? Several years ago WolverineDK and I flamed a moderator in a dispute over a user named ADDiCT. In most other forums, both of us would have been banned outright, and yet we're still here. It should be noted that, despite the heated tone, our arguments were constructed on clear logical reasoning, and supported with specific examples, unlike the OP's vague accusations.

I also remember posting a URL to a picture of an ewe's vaginal prolapse, right after the forum owner himself said "no goatse, no tubgirl, no lemonparty." Those were the days, eh? 😆

Oh, I agree that the moderation here is fair, but from my personal experience, it's anything but hard. IMO, Vogons has the nicest, most lenient forum moderation I've ever seen.

Miphee wrote on 2021-06-15, 18:48:

of all the forums I've ever used this is in the top3 when it comes to lax content moderation. A lot of forum mods ban you instantly for even talking back to a mod. That is all.

This.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.