VOGONS

Common searches

Moderator violating Community Standards

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 81 of 84, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-06-18, 04:37:

You are a bit late. It's all been sorted....

Ah, I see. Vague accusations are still annoying nonetheless.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 82 of 84, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kjliew wrote on 2021-06-18, 04:50:

Moderators, request thread locked, please. Thanks.

Noooo.. This thread must live on so it can be necro'd years in the future by people who didn't bother to read and find out that some vague, never really known issue has been sorted between you and who knows who.

This is the way.

Yamaha YMF modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG resource repository - updated November 27, 2018
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide
AW744L II - YMF744 - AOpen Cobra Sound Card - Install SB-Link Header

Reply 83 of 84, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-06-18, 05:50:
kjliew wrote on 2021-06-18, 04:50:

Moderators, request thread locked, please. Thanks.

Noooo.. This thread must live on so it can be necro'd years in the future by people who didn't bother to read and find out that some vague, never really known issue has been sorted between you and who knows who.

This is the way.

😆

Seriously, since this thread was started with drama, I didn't bother to read the entire length thoroughly, but I knew the OP has been known of belittling the efforts of PCEm authors while promoting his own QEmu-3dfx thing, as well as being a j- ah, being something.

I still have no clue what did the said moderator do besides deleting posts, and how did such act "violate community standards" and "must be arbitrated by unbiased 3rd party." During Jade Falcon's tantrum some years ago, we were all happy that the moderators deleted his posts.

xcomcmdr wrote on 2021-06-15, 12:34:
Garrett W wrote on 2021-06-15, 10:42:

Aren't you the guy that has been going around every other thread belittling the efforts of PCEm authors and instead promoting your own QEmu-3Dfx thing?
The same guy that's been warned many times about said behavior and has never once apologized or complied to these warnings? If anything, I'd say the mods here have been rather lax in your case.

This. This guy shits on PCem for no good reason. It's so annoying.

gaffa2002 wrote on 2021-06-15, 12:18:

Since you mentioned PCem, then I will say that PCem is always a joke, even for this over 20 years old game. You could probably try software rendering, but when 3D acceleration comes into picture, PCem's branded "freaking fast" fake 3Dfx voodoo software recompiler is an utter trash. I don't have to try it, someone from OCAU "Retro Let's Play" tried it and it was just as I described. If one ever play Win9x Direct3D games with PCem because of the fake "voodoo", then one may also just enable Microsoft reference RGB Direct3D renderer and play with that. The thread may get deleted without notice because truth were not supposed to be told for anything PCem related... 🤣. When someone once said ".... it will be OK on M1 ...." I just LMAO 😁

Here it is, evidence of the OP being a jerk (search took around one minute).
Sorry man, but you are in serious need of improving your communication skills.

Shreddoc wrote on 2021-06-15, 21:22:
Glad to hear it. Should probably keep it that way. […]
Show full quote
SarahWalker wrote on 2021-06-15, 21:10:
Shreddoc wrote on 2021-06-15, 20:43:

I don't know if it's because of this drama/critic

I have literally no idea who kjliew is.

Glad to hear it. Should probably keep it that way.

--

Welp, "fun" as it's been to engage with somebody's random publicly-aired trivial grievance, I'll leave ya's to it.

With the final word "all things in moderation". 🤣

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 84 of 84, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi all,

Regarding the concern about content being removed: VOGONS community standards exist to ensure as many people as possible feel safe to openly discuss whatever (topical) ideas come to mind. They aim to keep discussions elevated above petty flamewars and allow difficult or controversial ideas to be discussed. This especially includes the ability to give criticism: without these rules, a valid criticism that contradicts the deeply held beliefs of the majority of the community would get flamed into oblivion. But pejorative language, like calling projects “a joke” or “trash”, isn’t criticism. Its goal isn’t to create knowledge, challenge assumptions, or share insight. It only engages the primitive parts of our brains that want to wage war and create division. It suffocates productive discourse and leaves only toxic echo chambers.

“I think X is bad because it does Y and it would be better if it did Z” is a fair criticism. “X is garbage” is an insult that offers nothing useful. Sharing reasons why you think X might not be a good solution to problem Y in someone else’s topic about problem Y is helpful and OK. Interjecting “X sucks” into someone else’s topic just because you personally dislike X is disruptive and derails the conversation and is not OK.

When posts are edited or removed by moderators, it is not an attempt to punish anyone or to censor ideas, opinions, or criticisms. It’s an action taken in good faith to restore an environment where ideas can be exchanged openly and where different viewpoints are respected, even if there is strong disagreement between community members. It is possible to disagree, criticise, and argue strongly held opinions without resorting to name-calling, insulting groups of people, or derailing other conversations in the process. The rules and moderation here follow accordingly. Everyone on the moderation team understands that we are all humans, we all have bad days, and our emotions get ahead of us sometimes. There’s no expectation of perfection, but there is an expectation that everybody does their best to follow the rules that keep VOGONS a welcoming and supportive place, and posts that don’t may be moderated.

Regarding the concern about a specific moderator: the reason why you will often encounter the same mod multiple times is simply because (1) the team is small and geographically diverse, so the moderator will usually be the same one because they have a similar time zone/schedule, and (2) the team will sometimes coordinate to have the same mod talk to the same person because they’ve already been handling the situation and so have the best knowledge. Moderation activity is visible to everyone else on the team, so it is hard for any one mod to ‘go rogue’. There are usually discussions among the whole team whenever a pattern of disruptiveness is identified to try to understand the root problem and find the least intrusive way to fix it, as happened here. As I said earlier, the goal is not to punish people or to suppress speech, the goal is to ensure this space remains open to as many people and ideas as possible.

I hope this additional context is helpful and resolves any outstanding questions or concerns. I also would just like to take a moment to thank all of you that posted here respectfully and in the spirit of the community standards. This could have easily devolved into a very ugly flame war, but didn’t.

Thanks,

Yes, it’s my fault.