Common searches

Reply 20 of 22, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
AngryByDefault wrote on 2021-07-10, 02:08:
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-07-09, 01:45:

Way back in the day, I have a Linux distro that fit on a floppy. It was a router distro. I thing I was running it on something like a 486.

Freesco perhaps?...

I think you are correct.

As for my original post, all of them are kinda silly.

I've been in IT for a good 20-ish years and usually Windows can be fixed and so can OSX. I've mostly only worked on Windows machines but I did build a hackintosh for a family member.

However, in the corporate world, it is usually just easier and quicker to reimage a machine after making sure that there aren't any needed files that are not already saved in the user's roaming profile.

This is for machines that the standard quick fixes have already been tried.

As for any type of malware, that is an automatic and immediate removal from the network and a required reimage of that machine.

As for my home machines, I've run the same Windows 10 install for years. I generally only do a clean install if I do any major hardware upgrades such as changing the motherboard and CPU.

Short of that, Windows 10 Pro has been pretty rock solid for me across a wide range of desktops and laptops.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 21 of 22, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Cracker ride on my 1976 Honda CB550F Super Sport.

Again I am ecstatic at folk giving all this attention to little old me. I'll see what minimal hardware this Linux thing can be installed on just for fun just to show how flexible it is. Of course it wont be an Apple IIe as that has been done already. Stay tuned...

My ego just out of this world right now.

Keep it up please...😉

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 22 of 22, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some reading for you'll.

Enjoy......😉

https://www.oreilly.com/openbook/opensources/book/linus.html

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉