VOGONS github

Topic actions

Reply 200 of 202, by MyName

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gerwin wrote on 2023-11-20, 16:31:
MyName wrote on 2023-09-27, 10:36:
I decided to work closely on restoring the original behavior in 1oom, combining it with the fixes from my fork. In order not to […]
Show full quote

I decided to work closely on restoring the original behavior in 1oom, combining it with the fixes from my fork. In order not to interfere with people testing the game, I started posting conservative test releases focusing on overall quality.
Latest pre-release: https://github.com/1oom-fork/1oom/releases/ta … 1-uiscale-patch
Details: https://github.com/1oom-fork/1oom/blob/master … age_classic.txt
Feel free to report issues, thanks for your participation

Some time ago I tried 1oom-fork-v1.8.0. But I am having trouble configuring it to my previous preference, regarding starmap versus GUI scale. The starmap remains in the same resolution as the GUI, instead of a more zoomed out view of previous 1oom enhanced editions. I tried a bunch of settings without any noticable effect. Maybe it is just me?

Sorry for late response
uiscale > 1 allows zooming. This feature is deprecated and i want to replace it with hardware scaling of starmap
Also: check this patch https://github.com/1oom-fork/moo1_patcher_testing . It fixes a bug in MOO v1.3 . Needs testing

Reply 201 of 202, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Okay, I've recently done the following:
Verified ZFS replication can replace robocopy while vastly decreasing sync time, eliminating using my desktop as a middle-man so less chance of corruption. Tested and verified on two of my QNAP and just need to grab the 3rd from off site and resync 70tb of data to it.
Identified TrueNAS checksum error I've had for a very long time on my server as being both an onboard controller issue and a PSU issue and finally fixed after years. (Also ripped out GPU and soundcard that I was intending to use for game testing which was a terrible idea on this server).
Switched from a netgate pfsense to a N100 mini-pc loaded with proxmox running opensense w/zenarmor and dietpi w/pihole
Switched from ESXi to proxmox on my home server and migrated my Windows (all game launchers) VM, Windows (Steam - macos games) VM, Fedora (Steam Linux games)VM , TrueNAS w/ passthrough to nvme and SAS controller
Easily migrated my ESX vms to proxmox using the new functionality in proxmox to do so but when I moved main windows vm virtual disk from one ssd to another I was unable to boot and due to my unfamiliarity with how proxmox handles disks I deleted it so I'm currently reinstalling all the game clients. Thankfully it was a simple matter to easily connect via iscsi to my 12TB game volume on my TrueNAS VM.
Oh, unlike ESX which doesn't have raid capability I was able to place my 2 8TB nvme drives into RAIDZ1 so my VMs have redundancy now. The 8TB is way overkill since when I purchased them at the time I was using them for my game drive instead of iSCSI so after I set that up I repurposed them.
Right now I'm manually clicking "install" for each of 200+ Amazon "games", which I've been doing for hours. fun fun fun. It turns out that GOG doesn't have the shittiest game launcher. Congrats Amazon!

Next steps for game testing:
Taking "Main Desktop" listed here DosFreak All System Specs 10-25-2022
Put an Nvidia 3060 in it alongside the 7900 xtx
Install Proxmox.
Intended for Windows 7-11 and Linux testing

Taking "Test Desktop" listed here DosFreak All System Specs 10-25-2022
Intended for 2000 w/Extended Core, XP and Vista testing
See if works with Proxmox, if not then using ESXi which I know works

As for games since my storage and backups are stable then I've been investigating winmerge to compare the difference of the game directory backups I keep compared to the main online game store folders, using this method I can identify the latest changes to keep up with the xdelta diffs to be used for the vogonsorg offline site and by using the above test systems I can identify when a update broke os compatibility.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 202 of 202, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Setting up proxmox on my other two desktops is going well:

On my 5950x with my 7900xtx I'm going to have to limit it to 10,11/Linux. Anything older cannot do passthrough since I'm out of PCIE slots due to the huge 7900xtx.
I've verified that passthrough works with the onboard optical for audio and the 7900xtx so good to go
I do have a video card reset bug which requires me to reboot proxmox every time a guest shuts down or reboots, there may be a fix for that.

On my i7 with the 980ti that I intended for 2000-8.1 I've decided I'm going to put 10,11,Linux on there as well since the 980ti works on all.
So far I've verified that passthrough works with Windows 7 with this hardware with optical and the 980ti, slowly working my way down.
The reset bug doesn't exist on this hardware with the 980ti.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline