The frustrations of the GPU market

Topic actions

Reply 120 of 131, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unknown_K wrote on 2022-01-27, 22:31:
Give it a few years when all these new FABs are online prices will drop like a rock. The semiconductor industry is always going […]
Show full quote

Give it a few years when all these new FABs are online prices will drop like a rock. The semiconductor industry is always going from boom to bust in every area that's how the big boys buy out the smaller ones.

Crypto currency will pretty much crater sooner or later so there will be a flood of used cards cheap.

What we have now is a perfect storm of larger demand because of people being inside more, production and delivery bottlenecks caused by virus, and fabs that were at capacity before all this started. Quite a bit of the chips that are hard to get are low tech ones used in cars and appliances.

If you look through history there have always been chokepoints caused by availability in things like RAM, HD's , and even processors.

Speaking of which. Your state is about to go online with the largest semiconductor manufacturing facility in the world. Very nice!

(っ•́。•́)♪♬

Reply 122 of 131, by Meatball

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Unknown_K wrote on 2022-01-27, 22:46:

Ohio has water, makes sense to build here instead of AZ.

"You know that Lake Erie actually caught on fire once, from all the crap floating around in it? I wish I coulda seen that..."

What movie?

2080Ti
TitanXp/980Ti/260/7950GT-GX2/6800U/6200/5950U/4200/GF3-2/TNT1-2
3dfx 58-55-49-45-35-3-2K/100/2/Fusion/Rush/1/X-24/200SBi/100DB
ATI 75-7200/Rage MAXX-Fury-Ultra-GL-Pro-XL-LT
G400MAX-200/M220/Trio3D/VirgeGX2/DX
Verite V2100/PCX2-1
GLoria Synergy/I/II

Reply 124 of 131, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2022-01-27, 20:54:

Not a problem. They just won't port it on PC 🤣

Yea .. no one can buy PS5 or XboxX consoles either 🤣

Oh noes, the cap let the shmooo out 😁

Reply 125 of 131, by the3dfxdude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

AZ has no water problem, once you understand how it is managed here. Actually, too much water has put whole towns out of business:
https://winfirst.wixsite.com/arizonamininghis … y/toughnut-mine

Anyway there is already a massive Intel complex here, so I don't think they necessarily should have two. Having one in the Eastern US makes some sense.

Reply 126 of 131, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Plasma wrote on 2022-01-19, 14:27:

First world problems...You can still enjoy games without the settings maxed out at 4K resolution.

True... But I won't do less than 1440p with maxed settings... except for a few dumb one that are lame anyway.

Once I went with a 1440p 144Hz monitor with great color reproduction, anything less just looks sad for newer games.

Yamaha YMF modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG resource repository - updated November 27, 2018
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide
AW744L II - YMF744 - AOpen Cobra Sound Card - Install SB-Link Header

Reply 127 of 131, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
the3dfxdude wrote on 2022-01-28, 03:49:
AZ has no water problem, once you understand how it is managed here. Actually, too much water has put whole towns out of busines […]
Show full quote

AZ has no water problem, once you understand how it is managed here. Actually, too much water has put whole towns out of business:

Anyway there is already a massive Intel complex here, so I don't think they necessarily should have two. Having one in the Eastern US makes some sense.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/caitochs … arizona-drought

Ground water, especially if you need to drill 500 feet to get it, isn't an answer.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 128 of 131, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Give it a few years when all these new FABs are online prices will drop like a rock.

Or we'll finally nuke it out and humanity will be literally using rocks again. If that's the case - Hi, possibly alien future аrchaeologists!

Last edited by The Serpent Rider on 2022-01-28, 17:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me

Reply 129 of 131, by the3dfxdude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Unknown_K wrote on 2022-01-28, 16:24:
the3dfxdude wrote on 2022-01-28, 03:49:
AZ has no water problem, once you understand how it is managed here. Actually, too much water has put whole towns out of busines […]
Show full quote

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/caitochs … arizona-drought

Ground water, especially if you need to drill 500 feet to get it, isn't an answer.

I have a well, and the water table is 300 ft. I almost bought a place where the level was 70 feet, and there are lots of places out there that are just fine. Drilling is not a problem, if you understand how it works. And the article is about the colorado river primarily, which 90% of the state of AZ does not use. And when I say we mostly don't use colorado river, it's that we have and developed substantial resources long before it was tapped in in late 70s. And it's not all ground water. The circumstantial issue that the article is talking about does not apply to the entire state.

Reply 130 of 131, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just a side note. NVidia stopped making drivers for Windows 7 64 back in October 2021, but to those still running Windows 7 64, like me, they recently released a security update driver (473.04). Just FYI.

(っ•́。•́)♪♬

Reply 131 of 131, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Insanity: Few days back, I had dead Xbox Series X in for repair that needed power supply and ETA to receive PSU in shipping is few weeks, yet and customer turned that repair down. Everywhere I looked is consistent price range for the PSU and is worth fixing. But nooo.

Yes, I'm frustrated with the insanity of GPU price too.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.