VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No one should miss this. Wall NJ at the Infoage science center. The last one was in April 2021 and was well worth it. It was outdoors, this one will be indoors. There were about 60 tables in April, a bigger turnout is expected this time around. Admission is free. Tables are 20$ for the first, 10$ thereafter, but check the particulars on the site. Crazy good time for vintagen oriented.people.

I found an unbranded vanilla IBM 5150 clone, which alone has considerable interest to me personally. 20$, not currently working. But inside there was an early original black IBM 5150 power supply. What kind of crazy sickness is that!!

https://vcfed.org/wp/2022/01/08/vcf-swap-meet … -february-2022/

Reply 2 of 4, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chris2021 wrote on 2022-02-25, 22:23:

Just a reminder, meet is tomorrow.

Not going, but I am shooting for attending VCF East in April.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 3 of 4, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Me I'll take the swap meet. Exhibitions don't interest me. The "old" vintage computer festival was too restrictive, the best word I could come.up with. I imagine it's done much the same. I'm for everyone bringing out their crappola and plunking it down. Much more opportunity for conversation. The more gear, the more there is to keep you interested. But that's me. Themes and plush embellishments are all good. But I come out to see as much gear as possible.

Reply 4 of 4, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It was a good show, for me arguably better then last years, as far as merch. But wasn't feeling it at the time at least, I was in rough shape. And it was cold. And a lot of walking was required.

Picked up 2 Quadras, a plastic encased rack mount pentium something. A couple newer (15 pin vga) 20" HP lcds, so light and slender. Ashton Tate Framework, sealed, free. HP Vectra docs. Some pc speed up utility/snake oil, w/5 1/4" floppy. Some C graphics programming books, w/ floppies. MASM 5.1 manuals. A scsi adapter. IBM PC jr manuals. An Archer metal db9 hood 🤣. I can't think of anything else.

How could I forget, a Heathkit H100, missing 2 keys. It's like a low profile Zenith Z100. 40 pesos. Life is good.

And the find of a lifetime, National Semiconductor COP8 documentation (???). Free to a good home if you pay the shipping.