VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

SD card itself is ok since I can see all the files names in file explorer and can open few pictures that can be opened but most jpg files are partially corrupt which was caused by her old phone crashed while viewing pictures on her phone and did that. I cannot copy these corrupt files or open it either.

Is there a way to recover them with best program? Some of these pictures is very important for Mom since is all she had are some of them is her mother before her death.

Thanks all,

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 1 of 3, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Christophe GRENIER's PhotoRec and Testdisk are made for that. You can try to dump the whole thing with Testdisk and/or use Photorec to try and get at the files. It may/may not be miracles (especially if it's already corrupt), but it's better than OS copying. It at least was good at saving my corrupt partitions on a MicroSD before.

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Good luck!

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 3, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"Restoration" may work. It's a little Win32 utility. Just don't use source medium as destination medium.

Edit: I do have a copy on my backups.
Will attach it tomorrow..

Edit: If you can, please use the write-protect slider on the SD card to make the cardread-only.
If it's a microSD use an SD adapter with a slider.
Things like thumbnail pictures could cause data to be written to the SD.

Edit: Found it. Will atrach it soon.
Edit: Done.

Attachments

• Filename
    Restoration.zip
    File size
    192.62 KiB
    Downloads
    23 downloads
    File comment
    Restoration v3.2.13 (Freeware)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by Jo22 on 2022-02-27, 18:52. Edited 1 time in total.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//