VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, I have to be pretty stupid to not discover it in all the time I'm here but if it's somewhere I haven't found it. I think this board really lacks a last post goto option. If you click on the last poster's name you get his profile which is rarely needed. I'd rather want this link to lead to the last post.

Especially multi-page threads are a bit cumbersome without this option.

Reply 1 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You might try clicking the date above the name. Not sure if it works or not (I'm too lazy to test it).

I'm more annoyed with the fact that the board has problems with multi-page new post search results and also with tracking which threads I've read all the new posts in.

Reply 3 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

@HunterZ - I operate with two Firefox windows: One with the results from a "since last visit" and a 2nd window where I drag the circle-button for each unread thread. Try it.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I use Mozilla and am a tabbed-browsing fan, so I open in a new tab each interesting thread shown in the results. Sometimes when I refresh the search it still thinks I haven't read the new posts in a thread when I have, and lists it as still having new messages (bright circle).

Reply 5 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

No such problem here. I find it easier to drag the button to the another window than to open in a tab. YMMV.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MiniMax wrote:

No such problem here. I find it easier to drag the button to the another window than to open in a tab. YMMV.

Freaky. Like dragging the cursor to the START button instead of hitting the Windows key? heh.

Reply 8 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My pleasure. It got me a lot of time to figure it out too. I recall Snover taught me how to do it... Thx.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)