Common searches

Anyone want to bet if this sells :)

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It will sell, if not as a whole computer, then in parts. The CGA card is possibly worth half of the asking price *if it works*. The HDD controller with cables is an easy $25. The (expanded?) memory board is probably worth >$50 to the right person (not for the hoarders over here). So we are already at $150. The rest is a bonus (e.g. scrap metal).

Reply 22 of 25, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SpectriaForce wrote on 2022-04-09, 22:13:

It will sell, if not as a whole computer, then in parts. The CGA card is possibly worth half of the asking price *if it works*. The HDD controller with cables is an easy $25. The (expanded?) memory board is probably worth >$50 to the right person (not for the hoarders over here). So we are already at $150. The rest is a bonus (e.g. scrap metal).

The shipping cost is added to this total, making it a less enticing deal than it already is.
And indeed, if it works.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 23 of 25, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote on 2022-04-09, 23:45:

And indeed, if it works.

Per the listing, it "powers on and runs". Whatever that means. 😁

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 24 of 25, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I looked at the seller's profile and most of his components are dusty. Looks like he pulls things from a 20yr abandoned warehouse room. Some things are overpriced even.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 25 of 25, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I recognize that seller. I have one of these, and I searched to get an idea of what it might sell for and I found one person selling one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254405063213
Mine: Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

I think he's had it for sale for about a year now? That means two things: his price is above market value, and he's quite patient. I also recognize him because I used to live very close to Orland.

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey