Reply 60 of 76, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dothan Burger wrote on 2024-01-29, 17:22:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-01-29, 08:59:
Dothan Burger wrote on 2024-01-29, 07:33:

Here is the GeForce 3 chameleon demo that works for me in 98. https://archive.org/details/chameleon_20240129

More specifically this version works with .VXD sound card drivers.
For me the publicly available version runs without sound card drivers installed. But once a Live/Audigy/YMF744 .VXD was installed it would crash. The WDM had other issues with crackling and instability as well.

Added. And the blobby dinosaur?

The Blobby Dinasaur Demo. https://archive.org/details/blobby-dinosaur

Another demo on the disc is called "Isle of Morg" not sure if that's the same as X-isle.

Thanks, I had been looking for this one for a long time. I also heard about of Isle of Morg but could never verify. Is the blobby dinosaur demo for GF3?

analog_programmer wrote on 2024-01-29, 20:46:

Several years ago nVidia removed all the tech demos with female characters from their site for a(n) (un)known reason. But some "politically incorrect" person has uploaded one of them (Dusk Ultra) here: https://archive.org/details/nvidia_demo_dusk_ultra

Added.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 61 of 76, by Dothan Burger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-01-30, 05:20:
Thanks, I had been looking for this one for a long time. I also heard about of Isle of Morg but could never verify. Is the blobb […]
Show full quote
Dothan Burger wrote on 2024-01-29, 17:22:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-01-29, 08:59:

Added. And the blobby dinosaur?

The Blobby Dinasaur Demo. https://archive.org/details/blobby-dinosaur

Another demo on the disc is called "Isle of Morg" not sure if that's the same as X-isle.

Thanks, I had been looking for this one for a long time. I also heard about of Isle of Morg but could never verify. Is the blobby dinosaur demo for GF3?

analog_programmer wrote on 2024-01-29, 20:46:

Several years ago nVidia removed all the tech demos with female characters from their site for a(n) (un)known reason. But some "politically incorrect" person has uploaded one of them (Dusk Ultra) here: https://archive.org/details/nvidia_demo_dusk_ultra

Added.

Blobby Dinasaur is a Geforce 3 Demo. It apparently uses the vertex shader.

All the ladies are here: https://archive.org/details/nzd_backup

There're two X-isle demos one for GeForce 2GTS and the other for Geforce3. The GeForce 3 version is double the size, Ill upload it when I get a chance.

Reply 62 of 76, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dothan Burger wrote on 2024-01-30, 19:53:

Nice finding, but still Nalu's missing, despite being half fish rather than a lady 😁

And here it is: https://archive.org/details/nvidia_demo_nalu

from СМ630 to Ryzen gen. 3
engineer's five pennies: this world goes south since everything's run by financiers and economists
this isn't voice chat, yet some people, overusing online communications, "talk" and "hear voices"

Reply 63 of 76, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
analog_programmer wrote on 2024-01-30, 20:04:

Nice finding, but still Nalu's missing, despite being half fish rather than a lady 😁

I plan to add all of the demos in 2 weeks or so. I think web archive org links should be usable (although I forget a lot)

Reply 65 of 76, by kurkosdr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
analog_programmer wrote on 2024-01-30, 20:04:

It's not missing, it's been archived from Nvidia's website by Web Archive:
Re: List of video card tech demos

In the linked post, you click the link under "Nvidia Demos", then in the page that opens you Ctrl-F and search for "Nalu", and then you click the relevant "Download" button.

I never understood why people use third-party archives for stuff that has been archived from a first-party source by Web Archive. I mean, how do you know the person who uploaded the third-party archive didn't inject a special gift into the exe? Most of those exes aren't even signed. I understand taking the risk when no first-party archive exists, but why do it when a first-party archive exists?

I should probably do the itemized list of Web Archive direct links I promised a while ago (sorry, life got in the way).

Reply 66 of 76, by progman.exe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Off some old CD images I have 3 2 demos that seem not to be listed on the first post. One might be a duplicate, Toys and ToySoldiers, a 15.5 meg demo.

Guts - nvidia demo.exe
ToySoldiers - nvdia demo.exe
Waves - nvidia demo.exe

Hmm, can't attach the latter two. Will figure something out....

edit: realised Toy Soldier is listed on the first post

Edit2: I used the split program on Linux to break the Waves demo into two. Then had to compress them to allow them to be uploaded.

So, unxz Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa.xz and Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab.xz

Combine them, under Linux

cat "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa" "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab" > "Waves - nvidia demo.exe"

On Windows, there is some way of combining files using copy. I think the syntax is copy file1+file2 output

The output file, "Waves - nvidia demo.exe", should have an MD5 checksum of 24a7798eeaa67d6cd5973b26a55c9cc7

Attachments

Reply 67 of 76, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I added quite many links for the Nvidia, ATI, AMD, Matrox demos. I am missing quite a lot, and most importantly the AMD 5000 series demos, that I can't seem to find an original link in the AMD archive.

I will go through the thread once more today, to add whatever I left before.

Reply 68 of 76, by VAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! Sorry if written in wrong topic. I have a problem when I run tech demo Medusa. At the moment when the warrior push down statue picture is freezing but music still play. After ending playing sound program stop this out any message. I use notebook Asus G733Q windows 10.
Any body know how to fix this problem?

Reply 69 of 76, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
VAN wrote on 2024-03-03, 20:36:

Hello! Sorry if written in wrong topic. I have a problem when I run tech demo Medusa. At the moment when the warrior push down statue picture is freezing but music still play. After ending playing sound program stop this out any message. I use notebook Asus G733Q windows 10.

Maybe attach dgVoodoo2 to it?

progman.exe wrote on 2024-02-25, 19:15:
Off some old CD images I have 3 2 demos that seem not to be listed on the first post. One might be a duplicate, Toys and ToySold […]
Show full quote

Off some old CD images I have 3 2 demos that seem not to be listed on the first post. One might be a duplicate, Toys and ToySoldiers, a 15.5 meg demo.

Guts - nvidia demo.exe
ToySoldiers - nvdia demo.exe
Waves - nvidia demo.exe

Hmm, can't attach the latter two. Will figure something out....

edit: realised Toy Soldier is listed on the first post

Edit2: I used the split program on Linux to break the Waves demo into two. Then had to compress them to allow them to be uploaded.

So, unxz Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa.xz and Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab.xz

Combine them, under Linux

cat "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa" "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab" > "Waves - nvidia demo.exe"

On Windows, there is some way of combining files using copy. I think the syntax is copy file1+file2 output

The output file, "Waves - nvidia demo.exe", should have an MD5 checksum of 24a7798eeaa67d6cd5973b26a55c9cc7

Can you guide on how to perform the waves stuff in Linux? I can't find anything for windows

Reply 70 of 76, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-03-06, 14:42:

Can you guide on how to perform the waves stuff in Linux? I can't find anything for windows

For windows:
Decompress two .xz-archive files (don't know if 7zip or other archive software for m$-win supports .xz format - find which software will do the job for you), then open console (cmd.exe) in same folder with the two files ("Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa" and "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab") and use this command to join the two parts in one executable file:

copy /b "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa" + "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab" "Waves - nvidia demo.exe"

That's it.

P.S. You may also first join the two .xz-archive files in one .xz-file and decompress .exe from it.

engineer's five pennies: this world goes south since everything's run by financiers and economists
this isn't voice chat, yet some people, overusing online communications, "talk" and "hear voices"

Reply 71 of 76, by VAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VAN wrote on 2024-03-03, 20:36:

Maybe attach dgVoodoo2 to it?

Problem fixed after changing PhysX settings from Auto, to nVidia GPU.

Reply 72 of 76, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

We should also add this package, that has many ATi 3DCIF demos, coolest ones are 3 x Kinght demos, visible @ youtube video.

https://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=497
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jecJsjgZ7as

31 different MiniGL/OpenGL Win9x files for all Rage 3 cards: Re: ATi RagePro OpenGL files

Reply 73 of 76, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
analog_programmer wrote on 2024-03-06, 15:12:
For windows: Decompress two .xz-archive files (don't know if 7zip or other archive software for m$-win supports .xz format - fin […]
Show full quote

For windows:
Decompress two .xz-archive files (don't know if 7zip or other archive software for m$-win supports .xz format - find which software will do the job for you), then open console (cmd.exe) in same folder with the two files ("Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa" and "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab") and use this command to join the two parts in one executable file:

copy /b "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa" + "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab" "Waves - nvidia demo.exe"

That's it.

P.S. You may also first join the two .xz-archive files in one .xz-file and decompress .exe from it.

I got an xz utility on Windows but it seems like it doesn't support any joining commands.
You can rather upload the file to buzzheavier (and set an expiry for the sake of not extinguishing their anonymous storage)

Reply 74 of 76, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-04-24, 09:14:

I got an xz utility on Windows but it seems like it doesn't support any joining commands.

Ok, which part of the COPY command for joining/merging binary files into one file you don't understand?

COPY /B NAME_OF_FILE_1 + NAME_OF_FILE_2 + NAME_OF_FILE_3 +...+ NAME_OF_FILE_N NAME_OF_FILE_JOINED 

Open windows command prompt window (CMD.EXE), go to the folder which contains the two parts of the archive ("Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa.xz" and "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab.xz" fiels) and use this command:

copy /b "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa.xz" + "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab.xz" "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.xz"

Finally use your windows xz utility to decompress the resulting "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.xz" file.

Reply 75 of 76, by progman.exe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
analog_programmer wrote on 2024-04-24, 09:45:
Ok, which part of the COPY command for joining/merging binary files into one file you don't understand? […]
Show full quote

Ok, which part of the COPY command for joining/merging binary files into one file you don't understand?

COPY /B NAME_OF_FILE_1 + NAME_OF_FILE_2 + NAME_OF_FILE_3 +...+ NAME_OF_FILE_N NAME_OF_FILE_JOINED 

Open windows command prompt window (CMD.EXE), go to the folder which contains the two parts of the archive ("Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa.xz" and "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab.xz" fiels) and use this command:

copy /b "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa.xz" + "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab.xz" "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.xz"

Finally use your windows xz utility to decompress the resulting "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.xz" file.

Sorry I did that in such a complex way. I'm no fan of web2.0-style computing, eg some corporate malware-driven file-sharing website, so just worked around the upload limit here.

The files need decompressing first, then combining.

unxz "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa.xz"
unxz "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab.xz"

Or use a GUI decompression program. You should then have "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa" and "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab"

Then combine the files:

HTH

Reply 76 of 76, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
progman.exe wrote on 2024-04-25, 01:41:
Sorry I did that in such a complex way. I'm no fan of web2.0-style computing, eg some corporate malware-driven file-sharing webs […]
Show full quote

Sorry I did that in such a complex way. I'm no fan of web2.0-style computing, eg some corporate malware-driven file-sharing website, so just worked around the upload limit here.

The files need decompressing first, then combining.

unxz "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa.xz"
unxz "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab.xz"

Or use a GUI decompression program. You should then have "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.aa" and "Waves - nvidia demo.exe.ab"

Then combine the files:

HTH

I think I wrote the same here:

analog_programmer wrote on 2024-03-06, 15:12:
Decompress two .xz-archive files (don't know if 7zip or other archive software for m$-win supports .xz format - find which softw […]
Show full quote

That's it.

So, no need to explain things that are clear to me 😀 It's BEEN_Nath_58 that's asking how to use this two parts archive.