Common searches

First post, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Apparently, this was a thing.

http://www.novell.com/documentation/ncl_sle_1 … a/h5782c3z.html

Can someone who knows how to do NetWare things make a video of what this experience is like?

Reply 1 of 11, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Haha, that’s awesome.

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 2 of 11, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, the original form - ie. in the DOS client - is just a specific beep via PC Speaker...

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść no moja górę, lecz i w tym, ze ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.

Reply 4 of 11, by davidrg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The windows client plays a WAV file. I don't know what OS/2 does. I don't think the Mac client runs login scripts so no phasers there.

If you want more NetWare info, I've accumulated a pile of screenshots and notes while exploring it in depth several months back including the clients for DOS, Windows 3.x, 9x, NT/2000/XP, OS/2 and MacOS. Plus network booting which I discussed here.

Reply 6 of 11, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Was this anyhow related to Netware's NetWars game?
I played that on Novell DOS moons ago! 😊

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 7 of 11, by davidrg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Not that I know of though I've never played NetWars (seems to only come with Personal NetWare or NetWare Lite - NetWare 3.11-4.11 doesn't include it as far as I can tell). So I guess its just a sound that the NetWare login script processor (on windows at least) can play - I guess to indicate errors or that the login script has finished running. Or perhaps just for fun.

Reply 10 of 11, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
Kahenraz wrote on 2022-07-30, 19:59:

But what kind of beep? This is very important information.

Here is the sound of firing four phasers with NetWare's LOGIN.EXE v3.76 (circa 1994) captured in DOSBox.

Filename
login_phasers.mp3
File size
36.38 KiB
Downloads
42 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception