VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I actually have some old thing, still in the box, probably needs w95/98, possibly 2000. I need something or shall I say a solution that works under Windowd 10. And I need to interface to 2 rca jacks on the front of the tv. Iow record off of that. No other connecting is "possible", let's say. I want to work it like that. I'm assuming whatever channel your box is tuned to is pumped out the rca jacks. I assume I'm right.

Reply 3 of 4, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Sune Salminen wrote on 2022-08-27, 14:32:

Same idea, except it will work: Get any old VHS recorder, tune in and record from the composite video out.

That’s exactly what I did many years during the first 6 years of digital TV.

Reply 4 of 4, by SScorpio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As you figured out yourself, most RCA jacks on a TV are inputs. Some TV may have a monitor port on the back, as well as a separate audio output to allow connection to an external sound system.

But that said, the TV is somehow getting that signal. Rather than connecting the device to the TV connect it directly to the capture device.

If you Amazon for "RCA to USB Video Capture" you will get a number of devices for $10-20 that will do exactly what you want.

If you are trying to record over the air TV, then you need a TV tuner. USB TV tuners are closer to the $30, there are also set-top boxes that can decode the TV signal, and can directly record to a USB drive to cut out the need for a PC.