VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 32, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

One thing I miss is getting a software "package". The best example I can think of was the typical "Ultima". You usually got a cloth map of the land, a token which represented some significant item with the game, reference card for computer-specific data, some form of novella ("History of Britannia" or similar), and a general game manual.

Yes, I miss printed documentation...a lot.

Reply 21 of 32, by NoGood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought Diablo2: Gift Set a while ago. It contained 5 cd's. three for Diablo2, one Diablo 1, and one Hellfire (exp for diablo). Further there was a thick strategy guide, and some other leaflets. It cost ± $70.
That's how it should be with every game.

Oh yeah, it was cardboard 😉

Homepage
Lombrosiana

Reply 22 of 32, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Heh...

I totally agree for games that have mazes (a la Zork) or large worlds (a la Ultima, Baldur's Gate) in them that maps in the box are fabulous. Other than that, I seriously dislike any kind of boxed trinkets. It's just more wasted crap that I never look at again. Sure, maybe it makes the resale value a little higher, but if I don't keep the box it doesn't matter anyway.

My $0.02.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 23 of 32, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by NoGood It cost ± .

Woof! Every game, $70? Pass...

*kidding*
Know what you mean, though. Usually I try to wait until stores are trying to make some shelf space by selling their older titles at clearance prices.

Recently picked up Myth 3 from "Micro Center" for $3. Peeled back the "Editor's Choice" tag to find that it originally came from "Best Buy" with a price of $40. Ouch. Looks like Best Buy took a loss on that one.

Reply 24 of 32, by NoGood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No no, not every game costs $70 here! Practically no games would be sold ... It was a 'special edition'. But I guess the average game costs more here (Belgium) than in the USA. An average game costs $50 here. The budget-games (or resell) cost about $10, and some stores sell games by masses at $2 (!!!). I bought Redguard a few months ago for $2. And then it seemed to be 3dfx-only 😀

Homepage
Lombrosiana

Reply 25 of 32, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
NoGood wrote:

An average game costs here. The budget-games (or resell) cost about ,

About same here (Sweden).
New games costs around $50, budget-games costs around $10-20 (PC games that is).
PS2, XBOX & GC games are like $70 new.

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 26 of 32, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NoGood wrote:

No no, not every game costs here!

I kind of figured that, I was *kidding* you. The last two things you said were:
It cost ±

Thought it was funny.

I bought Redguard a few months ago for . And then it seemed to be 3dfx-only

Has Software mode and 3dfx mode only. Fortunately, GliDOS supports the 3dfx mode.

Reply 30 of 32, by NoGood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

'segue'? What's that?

Look, I'm 19 years old, I study, and I like going out way too much. Plus I still have to get about 10 presents for friends/family for the holidays ... Plus I owe my father about $800 ... And there are other depths ...

Yeah, $10 really is too much, at this moment ...

Homepage
Lombrosiana