VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hello.

At work we connect using a microsoft network consisting of one Windows 2003 server ed. (server) and several Windows XP clients. Everything works fine except POS (Point of Sale) dot-mattrix printers. I have installed two different drivers and although they work like a charm under Windows XP, they are not displayed/listed when logged-in inside the network (all other printers are detected without problems). I think this may be due a WDM driver model error or something, but it seems Windows XP doesn't have any built-in POS printer drivers. I need the printer to print in its native graphic mode for printing correct receipts for my customers. Any welp would be really appreciated. Right now, I am using a windows xp built-in epson 9-pin compatible driver, but it prints in text-mode only and the lines got badly wrapped-up.

Sorry for the long post. I am beginning to be really desperate.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 1 of 2, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Had a similar issue a while back. It was mainframe printing rather than POS but probably similar. If you attached the printer to a workstation it would print ok using the Generic/Text only driver but they never did find a specific driver for that printer. It was a Memorex/Telex dot matrix printer if I remember right, and they used it to print some special carbon forms in triplicate. They ended up getting an external printer server, HP Jet Direct I believe, and got it working with that since the server supported the format the mainframe was sending. Eventually they redesigned the forms the dot matrix was printing and was able to use a networked laser printer instead.

Reply 2 of 2, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, I would like to have a laser too, but my boss doesn't want to spend any more money. 😁

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)