VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Back in the day it was common to take physical notes and make maps for video games. I remember using graph paper for example for making physical maps in games.

Along those lines, I was thinking it might be fun to use something like a physical, leather bound journal for these older games, especially RPGs. Using it to take notes, make maps, maybe even do sketches of characters, monsters and such.

I was looking up journals like these which seems to fit the bill (even has old-fashioned style paper): https://www.amazon.ca/Vintage-Leather-Journal … /dp/B07YSXG96Q/

Has anyone tried anything like this? Does seem like it might deepen the experience, or just be too much of a distraction compared to just playing the game itself?

Attachments

• journal.jpg
    Filename
    journal.jpg
    File size
    138.22 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 2 of 2, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Imagine having to take notes on something like a Palm Pilot like you were stuck in the previous century 🤣 ... Oldest thing I think I could do that on is an Apple Newton. Got some Palms too though... and a couple of WinCE devices... I have no frigging clue why.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.