Common searches

MiniClip gone

Topic actions

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So it is the end of MiniClip, I remember it being one of the first sites I got my games at.

https://www.pcgamer.com/miniclip-home-of-chil … s-finally-dead/

This was coming, but hopefully there are backup plans for it too

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 1 of 6, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Damn... there was only like 5% good games on platforms like that though. Lots of dreck. Some I think fondly of, Ben Librojo's 3D tank hunter, Mind the Blox, then one puzzle platformer, called something like aetherion or something, where you controlled a ball.
Ankon arcade and addicting games were still up a couple of months ago I think last I checked.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Never heard of it.

It's annoying when statements are made by websites that don't apply to everyone but assume that they do:

The website we all knew and loved as being the ultimate home of entertainment as kids and teens is mostly gone

Never knew it and it didn't exist when I was a teen so had to look it up:

Miniclip SA is a mobile game publisher and a browser game website that launched in 2001

Meh, but for those who somehow were able to enjoy those kinds of games I feel for you.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 6, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Was maybe more a millennial thing, I take web cultural awareness tours every couple of months so I don't seem like an old stick in the mud though. Think of it as a contemporary of eBaumsworld, newgrounds etc and catering to same demographic.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 4 of 6, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote on 2022-10-21, 21:14:

Never heard of it.

It's annoying when statements are made by websites that don't apply to everyone but assume that they do:

Many didn't know Club Penguin until it died. This is another of the cases.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 5 of 6, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-10-22, 01:58:
DosFreak wrote on 2022-10-21, 21:14:

Never heard of it.

Many didn't know Club Penguin until it died. This is another of the cases.

Camp chaos or one of the millions of flash sites.

I’m reminded of one of the first, Joe Cartoon

Reply 6 of 6, by retrogamerguy1997

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

damn, I remember playing on mini clip when I was young. flash games were pretty much a staple as a kid. It's sad to see it go, but with flash being dead it's really no surprise.