VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The classic RPG "Eye of the beholder" made by Westwood circa 1991 has been ported to Bioware's NeverWinter Nights as a downloadable FREE module. I remember to have seen it for the first time on a friend's AMIGA 500 and it looked cool. MCGA 256c/Adlib PC version was almost as good (if not even better).

In order to play it you need to have both "Shadows of Undrentide(tm)" and "Hordes of the Underdark(tm)" installed first.

I originally posted about it HERE.

OFFICIAL PAGE

DOWNLOAD

Kudos to the author. This MOD is really cool. Ah, the nostalgia. I am playing it right now.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 4, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

EOB had parties, not the one-man killing machine and his mule of Neverwinter Nights. I never much cared for those "updates" of classic modules and Gold Box games for NWN, mainly because they turn those scenarios into hack 'n slashers.

Eye of the Beholder is closer to to a hack 'n slash than Pool of Radiance was, so perhaps it won't be as bad. Flanking enemies, however, will be out the window. But for the 3-D accelerated graphics and sophisticated scripting Neverwinter Nights technologies is not a great fit for a dungeon crawler like Eye of the Beholder.