VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by CraigAB69

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a Backlit membrane keyboard.

There are plenty of mechanical keyboards, but the clicking annoys me.

Also, there is plenty of cheap stuff, but as we know, cheap doesn't last long.

Regards,
Craig

“Wyrd bið ful āræd. Fate is inexorable.”

Reply 1 of 3, by andre_6

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CraigAB69 wrote on 2023-02-16, 00:16:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a Backlit membrane keyboard.

There are plenty of mechanical keyboards, but the clicking annoys me.

Also, there is plenty of cheap stuff, but as we know, cheap doesn't last long.

Regards,
Craig

Well, personally I got the Nox Krom Kalyos semi-mechanical keyboard+mouse combo on a sale and was very impressed, only thing of note is that the keyboard backlight is multicolor only, fixed or in "breathing" effect. As for the mouse it can be customizable with 5 color hues via software, if I recall correctly. Very comfortable and well built combo, no clicking, bought it to replace Corsair gear that felt cheap

Reply 2 of 3, by jewellds

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use a HyperX Alloy Core, which is has a nice keyfeel for a membrane board. It does have a programmable backlight, but it's a little limited as there's no app.

I'm not from Australia, but it seems you can get it there too:
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/hyperx-all … gaming-keyboard

Reply 3 of 3, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yikes... I was going to recommend the good old reliable Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin K740 I bought as my first backlit keyboard back in 2010, but apparently they are collectible\desirable now?? I see them listed for $400 new and $200+ used.

Welp... I guess I should be glad I never junked mine. It was a great keyboard, but I have been happy with my Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Red switches with red backlighting) for at least 6-7 years now. If you can find a K740 for a reasonable price, I do recommend them if you're a fan of slim keyboards.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.