VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heya, lately ive been curious searching for a particular computer case to be used in a maybe future project, I've found picture's but no brand name of it.

https://www.njuskalo.hr/pc-racunala/brand-nam … -oglas-34623829 this auction site are used as reference of it.

Reply 1 of 3, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Nic-93 wrote on 2023-04-16, 16:12:

Heya, lately ive been curious searching for a particular computer case to be used in a maybe future project, I've found picture's but no brand name of it.

https://www.njuskalo.hr/pc-racunala/brand-nam … -oglas-34623829 this auction site are used as reference of it.

As a German, the style of that case reminds me of the time 1992 to 1995, although I don't remember having seen exactly this design.. I'm surprised to find a pentium-class computer in that case. Pentium-class computers often don't have a "turbo mode" any more, yet that case has a Turbo LED (that's the intended purpose of the LED with the up arrow next to it). So either this computer has been upgraded from a late 386 or any kind 486 to Pentium, or PC cases that were considered "old-fashioned" in Germany got cheap and have found secondary use on the Eastern European market.

As this case is likely an OEM design by a far-east company used to be branded by smaller PC manufacturers (or even PC shops that build systems from components), the manufacturing company is likely not well-known and finding a case like this using a brand name is difficult. If you are looking for that kind of case, the best advice I can give you is to take a look at all 386, 486 and Pentium systems, as well as "AT cases" in your local classified ads, and hope to find a computer with that case.

Reply 2 of 3, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Seemed to be pretty common in my country during 486 era. Details may vary, but it typically has power button, reset button (which is as large as the power button), and a keyboard lock.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.